Trying to figure out which ebike would work the best for me

Brad86

Region
USA
He yall,
Thanks for the add.
I am looking to buy and ebike for commuting to work and grocery store which if I take the ferry is about 14 miles round trip and like two moderate hills. I have a small apartment with no inside storage except a side shed that will be able to fit A foldable bike. I am on the shorter side of 5 foot 1. Any suggestions?

Maybe a tern vektron, guess it depends on your budget, there are a lot of folders to choose from

I don’t know a lot about moped looking bikes, but thinking most of those don’t fold

Did you check out the review part of the forum under folding bikes

My suggestion would be go through that and pick 3-4 that you are interested in and then ask on here for advice from owners of those bikes

Rad Expand

I know you're looking for a moped style, but if you needed more power, it's relatively easy to upgrade.
Same as battery capacity, brakes, etc.
Yeah I was looking at that one. I like the lectric bc they go fast and easy to upgrade as well but I'm worried about the quality of lectric.

You should read anything here on the bikes you wind up being interested in, and then - hit YouTube. I did about a month of lots of YouTube video watching.
When you see someone review a bike, talk about the pros and cons, and actually see it in action, it helps with the decision.

Lectric is really popular and should fit your needs.
both the radpower and lectric arent light tho, around 60+ lbs
crookedbikes might be a fit too
rattan might fit too
luna has a newish foldable.

Last edited:
I just test rode a juiced hyperscorpion and it was amazing, no delay, pedal and it stayed a consistent speed especially going up mountain roads. but I'm worried about the weight on a ferry to get to work and the reputation of the juiced brand? Anyone ever rode a scorpion x?

Start off with a Lectric Light at $799. Lightweight, foldable and should be able to handle your 15 mile round trip. ( If you can charge the battery at work, even better) After a year or less, sell it for 400 bucks or keep it as a backup. N+1

We bought two of the Lectric 2.0 XPst bikes for last Christmas and just love them. Very well made, tons of standard features, and inexpensive to boot. But don't plan to carry them very far (60lb) and don't expect to fold them at the end of every ride--yes, they fold, but they are clumsy when compared to something like the Brompton. On the other hand, lots of RV'ers fold them and put them in a plastic bucket and wheel them around that way for storage.

Don't expect local bike repair shops to fall in love with your Lectric--they will have lost a sale on a $2K ebike. The Lectric XPst bikes are only $1K, an amazing bargain.

Rad's RadExpand is a new ebike and similar to the Lectric in several ways, but our Lectrics have far more features, in my view. And do follow up on a previous suggestion to spend time on YouTube. Lots of reviews of Lectrics and others there.

Interesting. As in quality which us better?
I think some of these Folders are produced in the same factories and they are generally good quality the thing to worry about is customer service, who is going to get things sorted faster if something does go wrong, thats what i would look into.

Start off with a Lectric Light at $799. Lightweight, foldable and should be able to handle your 15 mile round trip. ( If you can charge the battery at work, even better) After a year or less, sell it for 400 bucks or keep it as a backup. N+1
Seconded.

Start with the cheapest, good quality, good support ebike and then move on from there.

You can even start with the XP 2.0 for $999 if you want gears but it's heavier.

Back