Trying to contact Aventon

Ray - It isn't right that you should have to get them repaired so often, so see if they'll send you replacements or pay for replacements in a similarly spec'd different brand if breakage issues continue. But don't throw out the bike because the wheels are bad if the rest of the components are good. It's cheaper to upgrade/replace the wheels out of pocket than to buy an entirely new bike.
Agree! I have talked to another bike shop with an excellent reputation, and am going to see if they will rebuild the wheel with stronger spokes: 12 or 11 mm (my guess). The bike shop today was very helpful, but I’m getting tired of seeing them. They did suggest a Magnum Metro+ as a good upgrade, but I checked the Magnum Facebook site and the owners are complaining of broken spokes, also! In the meantime, will press Aventon for some spare spokes I can use as backup since the LBS can’t seem to get spares from them!

Just curious if other folks have got their Aventure racks. Mine has been ordered almost 2 months. Got my bike about a month ago. Still waiting on rack. Ups keeps giving me the following when I check the tracking #. check back tomorrow, update delivery date. Shows label created. Almost impossible to talk to a live person at ups.

Just curious if other folks have got their Aventure racks. Mine has been ordered almost 2 months. Got my bike about a month ago. Still waiting on rack. Ups keeps giving me the following when I check the tracking #. check back tomorrow, update delivery date. Shows label created. Almost impossible to talk to a live person at ups.
I got my rear rack yesterday here in Vancouver, BC Canada. and they were ordered July 2nd. One thing I will say is not to have them ship UPS to Canada. Was charged 35.00 USD shipping and then UPS charged 45.00 Brokerage fees. They are crooks.

Stoll no sign of .my rack. I hot email from sventon about a review on the rack I paid for. But haven't got.. yet.

Aventon doesn't seem to be very interested in selling bikes? They don't seem too interested in answering the phone or responding to email other than automated messages ? If you have questions about a new bike, it shouldn't be to much to ask to get some questions answered on a unproven bike(aventure) I have never saw,or rode before I spend $2k. I tried to contact them for a week. I know support and sales are typically 2 separate groups. But this doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy, if I had a problem with a new Aventon bike and tried to contact someone to get a problem resolved.
Two other companies have been very prompt in responding to my questions, M2s and Biktrix. One of these companies are much more likely to get my business. If your looking for a Aventon bike I hope you have better luck than me.
I just bought an Aventon a little over a month ago. My speedometer isn't reading correctly and the bike guys at my local shop (an Aventon dealer) need to talk to them to figure it out or have them send another. They said they have several tickets open with them they are trying to resolve. They, too, said the company is just swamped. People love that bike (me included).

That said, I bet the folks in this forum could answer you questions just as good!

Agree! I have talked to another bike shop with an excellent reputation, and am going to see if they will rebuild the wheel with stronger spokes: 12 or 11 mm (my guess). The bike shop today was very helpful, but I’m getting tired of seeing them. They did suggest a Magnum Metro+ as a good upgrade, but I checked the Magnum Facebook site and the owners are complaining of broken spokes, also! In the meantime, will press Aventon for some spare spokes I can use as backup since the LBS can’t seem to get spares from them!
Metal fatigue will break more spokes over time.
I think the torque of hard breaking using disc brakes also is hard on spokes.
Spokes are identified in gauge, not mm.

Aventon doesn't seem to be very interested in selling bikes? They don't seem too interested in answering the phone or responding to email other than automated messages ? If you have questions about a new bike, it shouldn't be to much to ask to get some questions answered on a unproven bike(aventure) I have never saw,or rode before I spend $2k. I tried to contact them for a week. I know support and sales are typically 2 separate groups. But this doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy, if I had a problem with a new Aventon bike and tried to contact someone to get a problem resolved.
Two other companies have been very prompt in responding to my questions, M2s and Biktrix. One of these companies are much more likely to get my business. If your looking for a Aventon bike I hope you have better luck than me.
‼
‼
‼
Aventon claims "world-class" customer service, more like "world-ass" customer service. Great marketing, even a great ebike, yet support is non-existent. I have spent DAYS trying to reach CS with no response. I placed an order for the Aventure; their website defaulted to S/M when I tried to order a Large ebike. No way to correct this error, been trying for DAYS to reach someone there.
There is NO WAY to speak with anyone at Aventon and you may as well email yourself for support. You can't even leave a voicemail! Pathetic...
‼
‼
‼
‼

Update on my Aventure Adventure! My bike made it through the LA port issue and then got delayed by UPS for a train derailment, but it finally made it to me. Let me say that I absolutely love the bike, but it did have it's issues.
-paint finish on battery was horrible they wrapped it with foam when the paint was still very soft
-chip in the paint on the frame
-4 grind marks on the frame just painted over
-M40 shifter upshifted great, but downshifting was hit or miss
- broke chain on second ride when in manual mode in 3rd gear. My 60 year old Legs are not that strong!
I registered my bike with Aventon and filed a warranty claim. It took several days, but I got a reply and They were excellent to work with. I felt that they really wanted to make sure that I was happy. I took it to a bike shop and they replaced the chain and adjusted the derailleur, aventon is reimbursing me. They are sending me another battery cover, I got notification from UPS that it shipped. they gave me the pantone # for the paint and will reimburse me for the touch up paint cost. Nothing we can do about the grinder marks so I'm going to live with it. There is a good coat of red paint on them and it is just cosmetic. So it took a little time, but there was no hassle and they were excellent to deal with, once I connected with them. Did I mention that I absolutely love my Aventure. I'm sure i would feel differently if it wasn't such a fantastic bike!

‼
‼
‼
Aventon claims "world-class" customer service, more like "world-ass" customer service. Great marketing, even a great ebike, yet support is non-existent. I have spent DAYS trying to reach CS with no response. I placed an order for the Aventure; their website defaulted to S/M when I tried to order a Large ebike. No way to correct this error, been trying for DAYS to reach someone there.
There is NO WAY to speak with anyone at Aventon and you may as well email yourself for support. You can't even leave a voicemail! Pathetic...
‼
‼
‼
‼
They have a phone# ?

Update on my Aventure Adventure! My bike made it through the LA port issue and then got delayed by UPS for a train derailment, but it finally made it to me. Let me say that I absolutely love the bike, but it did have it's issues.
-paint finish on battery was horrible they wrapped it with foam when the paint was still very soft
-chip in the paint on the frame
-4 grind marks on the frame just painted over
-M40 shifter upshifted great, but downshifting was hit or miss
- broke chain on second ride when in manual mode in 3rd gear. My 60 year old Legs are not that strong!
I registered my bike with Aventon and filed a warranty claim. It took several days, but I got a reply and They were excellent to work with. I felt that they really wanted to make sure that I was happy. I took it to a bike shop and they replaced the chain and adjusted the derailleur, aventon is reimbursing me. They are sending me another battery cover, I got notification from UPS that it shipped. they gave me the pantone # for the paint and will reimburse me for the touch up paint cost. Nothing we can do about the grinder marks so I'm going to live with it. There is a good coat of red paint on them and it is just cosmetic. So it took a little time, but there was no hassle and they were excellent to deal with, once I connected with them. Did I mention that I absolutely love my Aventure. I'm sure i would feel differently if it wasn't such a fantastic bike!
Hope it doesn't break like mine did. There is absolute

Even if they are swamped, thats really no excuse for not at least acknowledging support emails and letting people know they are being sorted out soon.

It's TOTALLY fucked up for me, ordered an Aventon Level says delivered by Fedex on 08/08, but never received it. I assumed it may be stolen by the Fedex driver since I have 24 hrs cameras recording confirms that no delivery man showed up at that day, and this company has been the worst company in my area. I've contacted Aventon on that day but today still no response. Anyone has any ideas will I get a replacement or refund?

Hotpot im assuming you purchased using a credit card? If so quit wasting time with the seller, just call the credit card company and charge back the purchase. You'll be amazed how quickly the seller responds when the money they took from you gets taken back by the credit card company. By the way the processor will also charge the seller a fee for the charge back so it will actually cost them money to have put you through this.

Chiming in...

Ordered last Friday, expected to be here on Wednesday.
Knock on wood, of course, but that seems pretty quick.
There's now abut ten in our community, with no problems other than the common brake squeal.

Regarding racks, we ordered an Ibera for my wife's 500, specific to disc-brake bikes.
Good product, priced fair, ready for either panniers or their clip-on trunk bags.
Plus, a pet peeve of mine, it has a bracket for a vertical bolt-on blinkie.

Hotpot im assuming you purchased using a credit card? If so quit wasting time with the seller, just call the credit card company and charge back the purchase. You'll be amazed how quickly the seller responds when the money they took from you gets taken back by the credit card company. By the way the processor will also charge the seller a fee for the charge back so it will actually cost them money to have put you through this.
Credit card chargeback is the last thing I'd do, now I'm just waiting for the care updates from FedEx. Thanks for the info about that, let's see if Aventon could provide a good solution to it.

Back