Trying to contact Aventon

Jbiker1

Region
USA
Aventon doesn't seem to be very interested in selling bikes? They don't seem too interested in answering the phone or responding to email other than automated messages ? If you have questions about a new bike, it shouldn't be to much to ask to get some questions answered on a unproven bike(aventure) I have never saw,or rode before I spend $2k. I tried to contact them for a week. I know support and sales are typically 2 separate groups. But this doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy, if I had a problem with a new Aventon bike and tried to contact someone to get a problem resolved.
Two other companies have been very prompt in responding to my questions, M2s and Biktrix. One of these companies are much more likely to get my business. If your looking for a Aventon bike I hope you have better luck than me.

Aventon doesn't seem to be very interested in selling bikes? They don't seem too interested in answering the phone or responding to email other than automated messages ? If you have questions about a new bike, it shouldn't be to much to ask to get some questions answered on a unproven bike(aventure) I have never saw,or rode before I spend $2k. I tried to contact them for a week. I know support and sales are typically 2 separate groups. But this doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy, if I had a problem with a new Aventon bike and tried to contact someone to get a problem resolved.
Two other companies have been very prompt in responding to my questions, M2s and Biktrix. One of these companies are much more likely to get my business. If your looking for a Aventon bike I hope you have better luck than me.
Prior to the Aventure release, I would get responses via email in a few hours. Since the Aventure was released, it has taken several days to hear back. They are definitely swamped right now, hopefully it will get better once demand dies down a bit or they hire more people.

I heard from them today. It sounds like your a owner,? If so. How are they at after sales customer support. Timely resolution of problems,?

I heard from them today. It sounds like your a owner,? If so. How are they at after sales customer support. Timely resolution of problems,?
I only had one issue (wheel truing). Contacted support via email and they got back to me within 24 hrs. They were great (offered to cover cost of truing at local shop). Then they reimbursed me in short order.

I've had no issues with my wife's Pace 500, after about 400 miles. We bought during the pandemic, and had good communication with sales. A friend bought two Pace 500's, and both had a slightly loose headset. he called customer support, was told to have an LBS adjust them, and was reimbursed soon thereafter. Good company in my mind, with a very good product.

Here we are a month later and their service is non-existent. Received a nice email from the new head of customer service, but there has been no change up to this point. I have called several times over the last 2 days and after 20 minutes you get a message that there is a tech. problem and they disconnect the call. I regret ordering a bike from them. Hopefully when it arrives I won't need any support. I was excited and couldn't wait for my bike to ship, but now I am really disappointed I chose to purchase the aventure.

I totally understand your frustration. I'm lucky I ordered before they became overwhelmed. The Aventure is an amazing bike especially for the price, but you should definitely be able to confirm which components you will get.

One other option is to try messaging Aventon on Facebook or Twitter, sometimes they have different people who respond there.

I was able to reach them by phone to ask a non-sales related question. You do have to work the menu a bit as most options simply conclude with a non-voicemail box message.
I called the support number 866-300-3311, then 1 (cust support), then 4 (sales). I had to wait on hold for a bit but finally reached a person who was able to answer my question even though it was regarding a part being shipped out to my LBS. They were very patient and helpful.

Wow, you should play the lottery! I've been calling that number without any luck. Thanks for the update, I will keep on trying.

If you haven't received your bike yet why are you calling them? Why not get it first and try it out - hopefully you won't have any issues (I didn't) and you can just enjoy your bike instead of adding to their already heavy call volume.

There was an issue with the order confirmation that needed to be resolved before they shipped. Happy to say that after 4 days of calling I did get through and had a fantastic experience, and they fixed the issue before I hung up the phone. your assumption that it was an unnecessary call was incorrect. Now I can look forward to them shipping, hopefully this week!

Glad you got it straightened out then - hope your new bike is everything you're hoping for. I've always hated waiting when I'm really looking forward to something.

I was able to eventually contact them. Ordered and got my bike. Ironing out a couple f small problems, but love it. But waiting for weeks for a rear rack I ordered ..

I was able to eventually contact them. Ordered and got my bike. Ironing out a couple f small problems, but love it. But waiting for weeks for a rear rack I ordered ..
That is crazy that even bike racks are hard to order...I am trying to get the rear rack for the girlfriends S/M Aventure and it is a waiting game.

Received an update from Aventon customer service today. My Aventure is held up by "an unexpected delay at the port of LA". Their best estimate is a mid July ship date now. As frustrating as it is, it is not in their control right now. They (and my Aventure) are at the mercy of the LA port. The only thing that they can do is be fully transparent and keep their customers informed, which is what they did today. Hopefully it will get sorted out quickly. I would guess that it is not only bikes, but racks and other accessories that are being held up in LA as well.

I called Support today and was on hold for maybe 3 minutes. The issue I have needs to be resolved by my LBS but if not, I’ll try the company again.
UPDATE: Went to the LBS today and had the spoke replaced, wheel trued, inspected and test-rode. All seems well for now. Excellent service, but I’m getting tired of the trip every 250 miles….. Looking into a replacement bike (non-Aventon!) if the Level issue continues.

Last edited:
When I picked mine up at my LBS they didn't have the Aventure rear rack in stock but I picked up a Sunlite Gold Tec Disc rack they had and it works fine. Good quality and not expensive.

Ray - It isn't right that you should have to get them repaired so often, so see if they'll send you replacements or pay for replacements in a similarly spec'd different brand if breakage issues continue. But don't throw out the bike because the wheels are bad if the rest of the components are good. It's cheaper to upgrade/replace the wheels out of pocket than to buy an entirely new bike.

Back