Trust "The Science"

American Journal of Medicine https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(22)00822-1/fulltext
Vaccines prevent traffic accidents?
Hesitancy increases risk?
Yeah, "trust the science".

Thankyou for including the link to the study for those who want more understanding than is provided by an old mans ranting.

Interesting opening line that might be worth reflecting on

" Coronavirus disease (COVID) vaccine hesitancy is a reflection of psychology that might also contribute to traffic safety"

Yup, sounds reasonable....Although I was left scratching ye olde bald spot when I read

" An awareness of these risks might help to encourage more COVID vaccination."

Worth reflecting on, they claim a 7 x higher accident rate in taxi drivers if they have a personality disorder. Not an easy thing to screen for when providing insurance, but vaccine status IS easy to screen for.

" 3 The observed risks might also justify changes to driver insurance policies in the future"

Last edited:
I do Trust the Science. And understand now more than one year ago about its limitations. Science can only address the physical and quantifiable. For example people's emotional states probably impact their health and health outcomes more than any other factor. But that is not physical or quantifiable. Pharmaceuticals are physical and quantifiable so that is what is prescribed as an additive patch that does not necessarily address the underlying cause such as past trauma and inappropriate coping mechanisms which could be the underlying cause of say an autoimmune disorder.

Can we please just stick to the battle of what is an ebike vs the new owner being proud of the ebike they got and getting Sh#$ on by the old guard?

I Haven't been able to find recent numbers, but as of Aug 2021 there were over 200,000 peer-reviewed articles published about Covid-19 by over 700,000 unique authors.

For anyone claiming to know what the science "says", have you read all of the articles? Impossible. However, if there were such a person who had read all of them, who would you trust to tell the rest of us what the science says? Fauci? Collins? Walensky? Malone? Atlas? Bhattachyra? Someone else?

In reality it was the "narrative" that dictated to the rest of us what the "science" said. And the narrative was shaped by politicians, the media, Big Pharma, and our own fears.

I Haven't been able to find recent numbers, but as of Aug 2021 there were over 200,000 peer-reviewed articles published about Covid-19 by over 700,000 unique authors.

For anyone claiming to know what the science "says", have you read all of the articles? Impossible. However, if there were such a person who had read all of them, who would you trust to tell the rest of us what the science says? Fauci? Collins? Walensky? Malone? Atlas? Bhattachyra? Someone else?

In reality it was the "narrative" that dictated to the rest of us what the "science" said. And the narrative was shaped by politicians, the media, Big Pharma, and our own fears.
Excellent remark, procreator. Only the foolish, the poseurs and the liars pretend they know.

Thankyou for including the link to the study for those who want more understanding than is provided by an old mans ranting.

" Coronavirus disease (COVID) vaccine hesitancy is a reflection of psychology that might also contribute to traffic safety"

Yup, sounds reasonable....Although I was left scratching ye olde bald spot when I read

Worth reflecting on, they claim a 7 x higher accident rate in taxi drivers if they have a personality disorder. Not an easy thing to screen for when providing insurance, but vaccine status IS easy to screen for.

" 3 The observed risks might also justify changes to driver insurance policies in the future"
For sure. Take a shady study and institute insurance penalties. Maybe next time differences in gender choices wrt accidents could provide similar incentive to apply penalties. For example maybe those who choose not to switch genders are more likely to be hit by an out of control car. Brilliant, just brilliant. Or maybe race or religion next. It's quite obvious what their goal was, in devising the study.

Don't you have even more filtration devices to apply, such as sex, gender orientation, race, colour, ethnicity, and so on?

It is terrifying, truly, when that kind of cobblers is forced upon you. It's a blatant sham railroaded through. This is how it feels in the UK with many many things.

For those who like to read... Im not one of them. ;) ..

Surveillance of COVID-19 vaccine safety among elderly persons aged 65 years and older​

Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to Blood Clotting: FDA​

. It's quite obvious what their goal was, in devising the study.

correct, they were trying to see if the factors making people more likely to avoid covid vaccines also contribute to a higher risk of them hurting others in mva's. Not surprisingly, they found that to be true. Why do you find this so threatening?

Don't you have even more filtration devices to apply, such as sex, gender orientation, race, colour, ethnicity, and so on?

You've taken a big leap in "the plot" by assuming there will be insurance implications, but lets grant you this possibility and play for a while?

Insurance actuaries already punch numbers related to higher insurance risk, including past behavior - measured by accident rate +/- traffic convictions, I think young males also pay higher insurance . So why NOT include a high probability predictor of risk taking behavior? Why should the general public take on the higher cost of insuring high risk takers when we have quantifiable ways to identify them +/- have them cover their own insurance risk?

I know you find this threatening because, well, that means you might have to pay . Reality check time - we ALL pay different insurance premiums based on our past behavior. My income protection insurance has a higher premium because I ride motorbikes, more because I'm a middle aged white male, and extra because of my employment. My sailing insurance has a higher premium because once a year I do a night race, and my car insurance costs more because I let my wife drive it last year . Admittedly the insurers didn't register my life threatening motorbike accident a few years back because I didn't make a claim, so some risk factors slip past them.

You have enjoyed the freedom to make a personal choice about being vaccinated, and made that choice based on your own assessment of risk. If the consequence of that choice includes being lumped with people who make risk taking decisions " outside of normal" , and the stats tell us that makes this cohort a higher risk of accident - suck it up princess.

correct, they were trying to see if the factors making people more likely to avoid covid vaccines also contribute to a higher risk of them hurting others in mva's. Not surprisingly, they found that to be true. Why do you find this so threatening?
I find it dishonest. They tilted the table to get a result they obviously wanted. It's a disgrace of a work. that you can't see that only testifies to your inability. Did you watch the video and check the study to confirm or discount?

Last edited:
I find it dishonest. They tilted the table to get a result they obviously wanted. It's a disgrace of a work. that you can't see that only testifies to your inability. Did you watch the video and check the study to confirm or discount?

Are you referring to them adjusting for people presenting with active covid? If they hadn't done that it would have amplified the unvaccinated risk, so why are you concerned?

Or are you upset about the constipation factor? I'm actually surprised they tried to adjust for this, but at least they analyzed the relevance and concluded being full of s*it wasn't just part of the plot. Would it be cynical to think the authors were having fun by this stage?

If you are competent, then that is simply a lie; they did not find that to be true.

Are you referring to them adjusting for people presenting with active covid? If they hadn't done that it would have amplified the unvaccinated risk, so why are you concerned?

Or are you upset about the constipation factor? I'm actually surprised they tried to adjust for this, but at least they analyzed the relevance and concluded being full of s*it wasn't just part of the plot. Would it be cynical to think the authors were having fun by this stage?
Did you watch the video to confirm or discount?

Back