TRUE upgrade to the Lectric XP

EpicTwiglet

Hey all,

Hope you have all been well this winter! Just managed to dig my XP out of the garage and finally hit the 1000 mile mark. Woohoo.

So! I have about $1600 (maybe a little more for the right bike) to spend and am looking to upgrade from the XP. Things we love about the XP: fast, cheap, quality. I am looking to replace the XP with a like for like, whilst spending just a little bit more money. I have done a lot of research and maybe have narrowed it down to one bike, the Ariel Rider X-Class *edit* (I just saw the 52v with the 2000w peak is currently only $300 more!) The X-Class has a proper engine upgrade, 500w to 750w. Proper battery upgrade, 10mah to 16mah. Proper torque upgrade from 40nm to 60nm. AND dual suspension. Very nice. Yes its not a true bicycle due to the dimensions, and I’m still debating that fact. But may be willing to live with it for the price.

But I want to know about what else you guys have seen out there! I feel like I’ve really researched everything and Ariel Rider from a price/performance ratio cannot be beat it seems.

Last edited:
XP owner here also, been thinking about selling mine and upgrading to the Ariel Rider X class, looks great for the price and components it offers...but it also depends on what type of riding you'll be doing, I am personally a throttle whore and rarely pedal, so the X class looks great.

This is not to say I am not satisfied with my XP, far from it...I may just end up upgrading the XP's components, who knows.

XP owner here also, been thinking about selling mine and upgrading to the Ariel Rider X class, looks great for the price and components it offers...but it also depends on what type of riding you'll be doing, I am personally a throttle whore and rarely pedal, so the X class looks great.

This is not to say I am not satisfied with my XP, far from it...I may just end up upgrading the XP's components, who knows.

I am in the same boat, i have the XP love it and think its great with a few mods that suit my needs. However like you i was looking for something with a bit more since I have been using my e-bike as my daily. I started looking around and was honing on in the hyperscorpion but then Ariel's Grizzly caught my attention. Needless to say Ariel's Grizzly will be a part of team by the time summer hits. Excited for it, but as many of us know its the long waits before we have our new toys in hands. I was doing research on Ariel and it seems like a good quality product, costly but I don't mind paying for quality if I can afford it. Hopefully you pull the trigger on the X class soon, best of luck on your pending purchase!

Im "upgrading" mine too but for different reasons. I am not getting rid of the XP, its staying in my fleet. Its been great for the last year but I was looking at new bikes.

• Something that is more commute practical.
  • Something that I can have warranty work done at my local bike shop.
  • Mid drive (I like how the riding engagement of going through all my gears and contributing more).
  • Something just nicer. I have gotten used to things like hydraulic brakes and higher end parts on my other bikes.
The XP is still a ton of fun and I'll never sell it off. Its a great bike to throw around corners and its going to be nice to have a 2nd ebike for friends or my wife to ride.

Stats look great but the Ariel-is 105 lbs. that makes it less attractive to me.
Yea that extra weight was not ideal but i figured with the extra motors, suspension, and battery it would make up for it. As i ride my bike to/from work the battery, and motor is lacking on my XP. Typically after I ride in to work or from home my battery is down to 2 bars and that's using PAS2/3 mainly. On a good strip I may kick it up to PAS4/5 but those speeds are short lived due to the battery. Hoping the grizzly makes up for it.

Oh hey. I know you from reddit hehe. I looked at the x class too but it's too moped-like for me. Also been looking at the cross current X and Ripcurrent s from juiced. They both got great specs, just a lil pricey and they don't fold! I ended up ordering a Wallke Pro X3. It has EVERYTHING I need: Thumb throttle, big battery, 750 watts, rack and fenders! It might have been a lil over priced tho but then I got that stimi so its all good. 😂

Oh hey. I know you from reddit hehe. I looked at the x class too but it's too moped-like for me. Also been looking at the cross current X and Ripcurrent s from juiced. They both got great specs, just a lil pricey and they don't fold! I ended up ordering a Wallke Pro X3. It has EVERYTHING I need: Thumb throttle, big battery, 750 watts, rack and fenders! It might have been a lil over priced tho but then I got that stimi so its all good. 😂

Heya fellow redditor and now EBR'er :)

Ive seen the Wallke, its pretty cool a full sized folder, I've heard good things too so I am sure you will be thrilled with it!

I had it on my radar too but I wasent too sure about the full sized bike tires, would they fit folded up in a trunk?...maybe. Thats what I use the folding feature on my XP for...the folding is great for carrying it around to places and for emergency needs, like a flat.

Back