Tricks and tips setting up and using nyon and kiox.

fooferdoggie

Lets hope we can make this a sticky. these are the things people have found that got these two computers working right. Ok the recommended heart rate monitors are the guys. I had a Garmin hooked up when I first got the kiox it worked fine till I tired hooking my Garmin watch up then neither would work. But later I found I had to turn on the Kiox before turning on the HRM so that may have been it. But also a trek I just learned from a noter user having your HRM or at least the wahoo paired with your phone causes problems so it could have been that.
Polar H7, Polar H10 Heart Rate Sensor, Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor, Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor, BerryKing Heartbeat chest strap and BerryKing Sportbeat armband.

So You need to turn on your HRM after turning on the Kiox but maybe unpairing it with your phone will fix that.
With the Nyon you need to unpair the HRM (at least wahoo)with your phone and turn it on before turning on the Nyon.
I thought it was fine having the Nyon connected to my phone and wifi or maybe wifi and the ebike connect account. It caused uses the nyon would not sync even though it said it did. So maybe you cant have both.
you need a torx t15 driver to install the nyon don't use a stubby one get a more normal length one to make life easier.

Last edited:
Thx. I've been considering getting a TICKR to replace my Fitbit but wanted to get something that will also work with Nyon if I ever go that route. The SPH is supposedly not as picky about HRMs.

Would also love to hear once you figure out the best steps to connect Nyon with Strava.

got it with the tip of disconnecting the wahoo from my phone it works now. strata works but its manual you have to go to the ebike connect webpage and upload them finally. not really hard but its manual.

this screw will lock the unit in place so it cant be stolen. I use it so I don't have to remove the nyon each time I park the bike.
IMG_2771.jpeg

With the Nyon you need to unpair the HRM (at least wahoo)with your phone and turn it on before turning on the Nyon.
I thought it was fine having the Nyon connected to my phone and wifi or maybe wifi and the ebike connect account. It caused uses the nyon would not sync even though it said it did.
Correct. I have the armband Wahoo Tickr Fit and it can only connect to one Bluetooth device. It does have Ant + to connect to additional devices at the same time. But the Bosch and the iPhone aren’t Ant + compatible. The Wahoo needs to be connect to the Bosch or the it’s iPhone app. Can’t have both. There is an Armband HRM named Polar Verity Sense that can connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same time. I don’t care for its difficulty to recharge it. I rather stick to my Wahoo fit with its magnetic charger. It’s nice to see your HR on the Bosch display and analyze the date on the Bosch app. But you need the data from the Wahoo app for the Apple Heath app. Oh well. One or the other.

Correct. I have the armband Wahoo Tickr Fit and it can only connect to one Bluetooth device. It does have Ant + to connect to additional devices at the same time. But the Bosch and the iPhone aren’t Ant + compatible. The Wahoo needs to be connect to the Bosch or the it’s iPhone app. Can’t have both. There is an Armband HRM named Polar Verity Sense that can connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same time. I don’t care for its difficulty to recharge it. I rather stick to my Wahoo fit with its magnetic charger. It’s nice to see your HR on the Bosch display and analyze the date on the Bosch app. But you need the data from the Wahoo app for the Apple Heath app. Oh well. One or the other.

who knows if it would work since its not listed. the only exercise info I can get onto my iPhone is from my watch. even though garmin since to heath it does not add to my exercise ring. so if I remember I record with my watch too.

Back