Trek Rail 5 2020

33red

Hi, i am considering buying a new Trek Rail 5 2020.
Is it a good climber? What about technical sections?
Is it reliable?
I plan to replace the 29x2.6 by 2.8, any issue?

The whole trek Rail series is known to be a very good climber and very stable on single track, hence the name since it feels like it’s on rails.

I believe the trek rail won e-mtb of the year for 2020.

Most treks are usually very reliable but there are always a very small percentage that aren’t. The difference is when buying a trek you have full support from the vast dealer network so if the unlikely happens and something does go wrong you’ll be covered at no cost to you.

The Rail is good overall, as an owner of a 2020 Rail 9.7. But you would finding yourself upgrading parts with the lower model. Not sure if the frame has enough clearance for 2.8, though the 2.6 are huge enough for most terrain.
  1. What I changed immediately, since I had the parts already: seat, pedals, stem, grips, bars and brakes.
  2. What I had to upgrade, for better performance: 2.5" tires (which are really consumable items), fork (which I had already), and rear shock. As a 250lb rider, they're okay if Im not trying to push the bike too hard. They lack support for anybody over 230lbs IMO.
  3. What I upgraded, just because I wanted them: Kiox display, carbon wheels and a hybrid electric shifter system.

Back