Trek Allant 7 versus Giant Explore Pro

Silvercat

Hi,
At 6’3 and 220 pounds, trying to decide between the Trek Allant 7 and the Giant Explore Pro.
Main concern is rather steep hill about 1 km (.6 mile) long that I must traverse to get to great river trails (hard packed gravel and natural ground). I am nearing 70 with one lung, so an ebike is essential. The Giant has a very nice handlebar and display.
Trek has the highly rated Bosch Performance CX line motor. Giant has the Yamaha motor.
85% of riding to be done on trails with some hills to climb, in addition to the aforementioned steep hill.
Would appreciate recommendations.
Trek available in my needed xl size by January 2023. Giant xl by this coming July 25.
Both approx $5000.00.

Thank you!

The yamaha motor looks to be comparable to the Bosch CX. I'd take the Giant in a heartbeat. I'd order both, knowing you will cancel one. These look pretty comparable to me.

They're pretty comparable bikes, so it comes down to aesthetic preference and software. Bosch is slightly better in that dept. but not great unless you upgrade the display to a Nyon(around $300usd). Neither will struggle on any but the steepest of hills. At that price point, you may also want to consider a specialized vado(non sl).. they're a level above either bike imo.

They're pretty comparable bikes, so it comes down to aesthetic preference and software. Bosch is slightly better in that dept. but not great unless you upgrade the display to a Nyon(around $300usd). Neither will struggle on any but the steepest of hills. At that price point, you may also want to consider a specialized vado(non sl).. they're a level above either bike imo.
Thank you…most appreciated!
Availability is the biggest challenge. I might best grab whatever becomes available in the XL size, Trek Giant, or Specialized Vado 5. With my serious lung issues, I rather grab one sooner than later!

What makes, in your opinion, that Vado better than either the Trek Allant 7 or Giant Explore Pro?

Thanks!

Thank you…most appreciated!
Availability is the biggest challenge. I might best grab whatever becomes available in the XL size, Trek Giant, or Specialized Vado 5. With my serious lung issues, I rather grab one sooner than later!

What makes, in your opinion, that Vado better than either the Trek Allant 7 or Giant Explore Pro?

Thanks!
I wrote a bit about that here: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...a-specialized-vado-5-0-igh.47597/#post-520305 But essentially they're just imo, higher quality machines with better rides, quieter motors and better software. The allant's are good bikes as well, and ive read the Giant's are just as solid but less heralded

Back