Travelling in Mexico!

shanemgan

Region
USA
Hi, I will be in Cancun for a business trip later next month, and I’m looking for some advice on e-bike touring and sightseeing in the area. I will have a couple of days of free time and I would love to explore the city and its surroundings.

Do you have any recommendations for e-bike rental companies that are reliable and affordable? I’m interested in seeing the beaches, the downtown, and maybe some nearby attractions like cenotes or Mayan ruins. Also, what are some other places that I should visit during my stay in Cancun? I’ve done some research online, and I checked one company Soulbikes Electric Bike Rentals, but I would appreciate some personal opinions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I lived in Cancun in 1990. Sure it's changed however, distances are the same. An ebike from the city center down the hotel zone sounds good. Also in town at Playa del Carmen. It's a stretch for a bike ride from Cancun to Playa. My niece lived there 2 mos. ago so I'll text her and ask if she knows anything/can recommend a rental spot.
As for tours to visit; definitely Xcaret, Xel-Ha and Tulum. Just outside the gates of the last 2 places you could take a private taxi to a cenote nearby as there are several.
Chichen-Itza is a full day tour as it's 2-3 hours inland from Cancun. Always worth visiting archeological sites if you haven't seen one like this.
Cheers,

I lived in Cancun in 1990. Sure it's changed however, distances are the same. An ebike from the city center down the hotel zone sounds good. Also in town at Playa del Carmen. It's a stretch for a bike ride from Cancun to Playa. My niece lived there 2 mos. ago so I'll text her and ask if she knows anything/can recommend a rental spot.
As for tours to visit; definitely Xcaret, Xel-Ha and Tulum. Just outside the gates of the last 2 places you could take a private taxi to a cenote nearby as there are several.
Chichen-Itza is a full day tour as it's 2-3 hours inland from Cancun. Always worth visiting archeological sites if you haven't seen one like this.
Cheers,
I haven't been to Mexico before, so it will be my first time. I have xcaret on my bucket list, though. Chichen Itza might be a good place for me to visit. I kind of love ruins like stuff. Hopefully, I can get a guided tour from my hotel itself.

Your upcoming trip to Cancun sounds like an amazing opportunity for exploration! For e-bike rentals, Soulbikes Electric Bike Rentals could be a great choice, but seeking personal recommendations from locals or recent visitors like gpseadog can offer valuable insights.

Back