Transporting x35 bike in the rain

lowb35

Hi all, what do you all do when transporting your ebikemotion/Mahle equipped bikes in the rain? Lately I’ve been leaving my bike at home and using my cheapie MTB if I think it’s going to rain on a trip, but even without power assist my ebike is the better bike for long rides. Is the rear wheel most susceptible to rain damage or the internals as well? I have a standard wheel set I can swap out because I don’t usually need assist on rides when I travel but if I have to remove the battery too then I’ll look into a cover which I’ve been avoiding because it will block my taillights. Thanks!

I am now on a X20 bike, but with my last X35 bike i rode hundreds kilometers under the rain without problems. No mods were done, nor wheels changed. I also washed it several times with a cordless pressure washer (these things are not very powerful).
I don't know what brand/model you own, but most E-bikes are built to ride under the rain (not the point of submerging the motor/electronics if it is an offroad bike 😅)

I am now on a X20 bike, but with my last X35 bike i rode hundreds kilometers under the rain without problems. No mods were done, nor wheels changed. I also washed it several times with a cordless pressure washer (these things are not very powerful).
I don't know what brand/model you own, but most E-bikes are built to ride under the rain (not the point of submerging the motor/electronics if it is an offroad bike 😅)
I am not so concerned about riding in the rain as much as transporting it since it’s IP54 rated. I have an Argon 18 Subito E-Gravel which is similar to other comparable X35 carbon bikes like the Orbea Gain.

If, by "transporting", you mean putting your e-bike on a bike rack mounted on your car, then it's not really different than riding it or washing it .
But if you are really concerned about the hub motor, you can always undo your wheel and place it in your car and protect the motor connection from the water. The X35 is a simple system with few parts, so few connections, and therefore few risks of water getting where it should not go. Those connectors seems pretty waterproof and are mostly in the frame under the battery, and/or in the top tube near the iWoc button, so i think it's not very risky.

By the way, your Subito E-Gravel is a nice bike ! :)

PS: sorry if i misread your problem, English is not my native language. I live in the north of France and that's why i'm used to ride in the rain (weather is pretty similar to UK)

Back