Torque for Espin Flow?

debbeut

Hi all,
Was thinking about getting the Espin flow and posted something about it in a different forum where they said they thought 50nm of torque for that bike was low.
So I wondered for people who own it, how is its hill climbing ability?
Does it feel zippy?
I have a Rize Bolt which they no longer make in the non-fat tire model. I love it - it has the same 500 W motor, but has 65 nm torque. It is the same weight as the Flow, but tires are 20 inches. It is very zippy and good with hills and if I could get it again, I would. It also folds which is nice.
Thoughts?

Hi all,
Was thinking about getting the Espin flow and posted something about it in a different forum where they said they thought 50nm of torque for that bike was low.
So I wondered for people who own it, how is its hill climbing ability?
Does it feel zippy?
I have a Rize Bolt which they no longer make in the non-fat tire model. I love it - it has the same 500 W motor, but has 65 nm torque. It is the same weight as the Flow, but tires are 20 inches. It is very zippy and good with hills and if I could get it again, I would. It also folds which is nice.
Thoughts?
Maybe the new Sport owners will chime in since mechanically the Flow and Sport are identical.

I have had my Sport for a couple of days and it seems pretty "zippy" to me. I'm sure it would handle a climb with no problem-in fact you have given me an idea to ride out to the Palm Springs Tram and see how high I can get. Will report back...

I have had my Sport for a couple of days and it seems pretty "zippy" to me. I'm sure it would handle a climb with no problem-in fact you have given me an idea to ride out to the Palm Springs Tram and see how high I can get. Will report back...

Screenshot_20200901-101810.pnglooks like a pretty good challenge

I tested the Sport on some small underpass hills... PAS 1 or 2 works fine... but I can do those in PAS 0 so not too steep. I have a larger hill nearby I can test... I'll let you know.

Where are you located? These bikes will be for my place in Palm Desert!

Back