Took the CCX Plunge!

SirJonathan

Thanks for answering all my lame questions. It helped me so much.

I ordered a Large CCX in brushed aluminum this morning. Looks like they are shipped from Chula Vista and Tacoma, Washington. Since I'm in Southern California I'm sure hoping this one is in stock in Chula Vista. That's an hour drive from me versus a few days shipping from Tacoma.

I'll report back when I receive it and test it out.

VERY EXCITED about this bike!

Congrats on the shiny new wheels! I truly enjoy the looks of my CCS in brushed aluminum. Well worth the few extra dollars. Being that I'm in San Diego, Rich delivered my bike to my door, set up and ready to go. You might want to see what their delivery area is.

Nice! I ordered one on the 23rd and I'm still waiting (due to all the orders from Black Friday). Looks like the tool set I ordered with it will be here tomorrow so I guess I can uh play with some tools until the bike comes. Hopefully I get it soon though!

Congrats on the shiny new wheels! I truly enjoy the looks of my CCS in brushed aluminum. Well worth the few extra dollars. Being that I'm in San Diego, Rich delivered my bike to my door, set up and ready to go. You might want to see what their delivery area is.

I'm in Orange County. That would be a little above and beyond to hand deliver to me - especially with I-5 traffic!

Nice! I ordered one on the 23rd and I'm still waiting (due to all the orders from Black Friday). Looks like the tool set I ordered with it will be here tomorrow so I guess I can uh play with some tools until the bike comes. Hopefully I get it soon though!

Wow! I had thought it was something they could just ship out. Thank you posting this to level-set my expectations.

Finally, congratulations, excellent choice. I did a search as you suggested to see pictures of the brushed aluminum and it does look awesome no matter how the picture is taken. I was amazed though to see the bike is sold on Amazon, who would have thought. Good reviews though.

Wow! I had thought it was something they could just ship out. Thank you posting this to level-set my expectations.
Yeah it was a few days off from their expected ship date but support said everything would ship by Dec 17 at the latest. Not a big problem considering I’m coming from electric skateboards where I’ve had to wait over a year after paying to get everything I paid for. I also live in NY so it’s coming freight across the country so it shouldn’t be anywhere near as long for you.

Well, they must have had my size and color in stock and ready to go because it has been shipped and will be here TOMORROW. Here's to hoping that both wheels will be in the box and the battery will turn on. ;)
Very nice! Kind of funny how I ordered it weeks ago but you’ll get it before me haha. Good to see them catch up on their orders from Black Friday though. I mainly bought the Juiced because it looks like they have a good track record of improving their products and retaining support even if there’s a problem!

It is indeed odd. Maybe it's size or color availability? Maybe because I'm an hour away? It is shipping from Chula Vista but that wouldn't really matter in your case.

And maybe it's like the Tesla Model 3. Good luck figuring out how they processed orders. We ordered one in June and received it 3 weeks later when people were on the list for over two years. We were previous owners but supposedly they stopped that "jumping the line" business a few months prior to our order.

It is indeed odd. Maybe it's size or color availability? Maybe because I'm an hour away? It is shipping from Chula Vista but that wouldn't really matter in your case.

And maybe it's like the Tesla Model 3. Good luck figuring out how they processed orders. We ordered one in June and received it 3 weeks later when people were on the list for over two years. We were previous owners but supposedly they stopped that "jumping the line" business a few months prior to our order.
I think it might just be the time that you ordered it. I have no doubt they had a lot of orders to fulfill from the sale and they said the 17th they’d all be sent out. You might have ordered it after they fulfilled their little holiday sale rush. The Model 3 situation was interesting though. I think they fixed up production for a certain model of it and they were pushing those particular ones out quickly but people who ordered other things like the smaller battery still had to wait. I considered order one a few months ago when they were pushing them out quickly but I live in an apartment in NYC so it’d be hard to charge it haha. I’ll stick to bicycles or motorcycles till I move I guess

I think it might just be the time that you ordered it. I have no doubt they had a lot of orders to fulfill from the sale and they said the 17th they’d all be sent out. You might have ordered it after they fulfilled their little holiday sale rush. The Model 3 situation was interesting though. I think they fixed up production for a certain model of it and they were pushing those particular ones out quickly but people who ordered other things like the smaller battery still had to wait. I considered order one a few months ago when they were pushing them out quickly but I live in an apartment in NYC so it’d be hard to charge it haha. I’ll stick to bicycles or motorcycles till I move I guess

Good move on not getting one. I always advise people that if they don't have a 50A circuit in their garage it's just too much trouble to own one.

I'm into all things electric. Have you looked at the Zero line of motorcycles? I'm very interested but the range kind of bums me out right now.

I'm big into motorcycles. Just need to get this last kid through High School and my wife says I can ride again. She says she doesn't want to raise a kid alone!

Good move on not getting one. I always advise people that if they don't have a 50A circuit in their garage it's just too much trouble to own one.

I'm into all things electric. Have you looked at the Zero line of motorcycles? I'm very interested but the range kind of bums me out right now.

I'm big into motorcycles. Just need to get this last kid through High School and my wife says I can ride again. She says she doesn't want to raise a kid alone!
The range isn’t a problem for me but charging it is since I live in an apartment. Plus if I remember correctly the tax rebate wasn’t even close to what a Tesla would provide plus the ability to carry more than me haha. Also I had to factor in people were scouting my previous sports bike and tried to cut my lock after clipping the lock cable on my cover. Now I have an outdoor parking spot so I’d consider another bike but it’d need a removable battery to charge it I guess. If not used bikes are cheap and fun but a bicycle works for now

Yeah it was a few days off from their expected ship date but support said everything would ship by Dec 17 at the latest. Not a big problem considering I’m coming from electric skateboards where I’ve had to wait over a year after paying to get everything I paid for. I also live in NY so it’s coming freight across the country so it shouldn’t be anywhere near as long for you.
It took 4 days to ship from Chula Vista to my place in NJ. Hope your CCX arrives soon.

Good for you! I had seven motorcycles up till I turned 80 when I thought it was getting unsafe to ride. I didn't ride when the kids were little either but after that I always had a few, usually vintage bikes which I restored, rode, and sometimes raced. My wife never and still doesn't know I had more than one bike, I just painted them all the same colour and left them at friends places rotating them around so I only ever had one at home at a time. She used to even attend shows with me when I was showing bikes and never figured it out. Now she doesn't know I have five bikes but that's another story:)

When I retired from my real job (engineer) I helped a friend, a retired Microsoft engineer, start and run a motorcycle business, one of the bikes we sold was the Zero, I thought they were great, lots of power and good quality but as you say no range, I'm sure they've improved them by now though.

Last edited:
Well it arrived! Showed up around 9am this morning. Didn't take long to put together at all. Was pleasantly surprised that the handlebars were already attached, the rear fender and rear rack were already installed, and the packaging was very impressive. Initial impression was HOLY TOLEDO THIS THING IS HEAVY!

I'm used to my 18lb road bike and maybe 30lb Townie bike and this 50lb bike blew my mind. The battery is attached and when I lifted it up to take it out of the box I had to do a double-take! I thought it was anchored somehow. Nope - it's just a heavy bike! You can read all you want about it but when you pick it up you understand. On the flip side - such a substantial piece of equipment! Frame is SOLID. Everything speaks of great quality and craftsmanship. Don't believe anybody that says this is Chinese garbage. They don't have one and don't understand. Very nice bike and components and great care taken in every aspect of the design and packaging.

Chain catcher is included and installed on mine. One negative - I do not like the fenders. It's a major pain to remove the rear fender - you have to pull off the rear light and there's a bunch of nuts behind the tire and rack and I didn't feel like attacking it today. Instead I put on the front fender so at least the bike matched. The fenders are plastic and flimsy - and yes, like the other poster mine is bent on the rear as well. It was really rubbing but some gentle repositioning seemed to fix it. It leans to left. I don't care because I'm going to remove it anyway.

The brakes rubbed. Both front and rear. Not a lot but enough to stop the wheels from free-spinning more than a couple revolutions. I pulled the battery off and popped it on my Park stand. I read a YouTube video on how to adjust them because all my bikes have caliper brakes. Man, it is SO SIMPLE to adjust hydraulic brakes. I was actually laughing it was so simple. I also worked on the rear fender while up on the stand. Once adjusted everything spun freely easily.

I did everything that Juiced recommended for a new bike. I started charging to 100% for the initial charge. Took 3 hours! I was pretty ready to ride it but I thought what the heck, just do it right. I went for a run instead and after a shower and a little waiting it was ready. By the way, charging was easy. The battery makes good contact and everything fits very snuggly.

I have somewhere to be so I'll save the first ride report for either late tonight or tomorrow morning. I will tell you that Juiced recommended riding without power for part of the first ride to get used to the bike and then on ECO for the rest of that ride. Well, I made it out of the garage with the motor off and out of the driveway on ECO. Needless to say I wanted to see what it could do!

Oh, and I owe those gents in this forum a few beers for the frame size suggestion. The large is PERFECT. I'm 6'2 and close to 35" inseam and it fits very well. I would have been swimming in an XL I would imagine. You guys saved me at least 3 weeks of waiting for an XL and once received it would have been too big. I probably could have ridden it but this is a better fit.

And the brushed aluminum looks fantastic!

Well it arrived! Showed up around 9am this morning. Didn't take long to put together at all. Was pleasantly surprised that the handlebars were already attached, the rear fender and rear rack were already installed, and the packaging was very impressive. Initial impression was HOLY TOLEDO THIS THING IS HEAVY!

I'm used to my 18lb road bike and maybe 30lb Townie bike and this 50lb bike blew my mind. The battery is attached and when I lifted it up to take it out of the box I had to do a double-take! I thought it was anchored somehow. Nope - it's just a heavy bike! You can read all you want about it but when you pick it up you understand. On the flip side - such a substantial piece of equipment! Frame is SOLID. Everything speaks of great quality and craftsmanship. Don't believe anybody that says this is Chinese garbage. They don't have one and don't understand. Very nice bike and components and great care taken in every aspect of the design and packaging.

Chain catcher is included and installed on mine. One negative - I do not like the fenders. It's a major pain to remove the rear fender - you have to pull off the rear light and there's a bunch of nuts behind the tire and rack and I didn't feel like attacking it today. Instead I put on the front fender so at least the bike matched. The fenders are plastic and flimsy - and yes, like the other poster mine is bent on the rear as well. It was really rubbing but some gentle repositioning seemed to fix it. It leans to left. I don't care because I'm going to remove it anyway.

The brakes rubbed. Both front and rear. Not a lot but enough to stop the wheels from free-spinning more than a couple revolutions. I pulled the battery off and popped it on my Park stand. I read a YouTube video on how to adjust them because all my bikes have caliper brakes. Man, it is SO SIMPLE to adjust hydraulic brakes. I was actually laughing it was so simple. I also worked on the rear fender while up on the stand. Once adjusted everything spun freely easily.

I did everything that Juiced recommended for a new bike. I started charging to 100% for the initial charge. Took 3 hours! I was pretty ready to ride it but I thought what the heck, just do it right. I went for a run instead and after a shower and a little waiting it was ready. By the way, charging was easy. The battery makes good contact and everything fits very snuggly.

I have somewhere to be so I'll save the first ride report for either late tonight or tomorrow morning. I will tell you that Juiced recommended riding without power for part of the first ride to get used to the bike and then on ECO for the rest of that ride. Well, I made it out of the garage with the motor off and out of the driveway on ECO. Needless to say I wanted to see what it could do!

Oh, and I owe those gents in this forum a few beers for the frame size suggestion. The large is PERFECT. I'm 6'2 and close to 35" inseam and it fits very well. I would have been swimming in an XL I would imagine. You guys saved me at least 3 weeks of waiting for an XL and once received it would have been too big. I probably could have ridden it but this is a better fit.

And the brushed aluminum looks fantastic!
Haha guess I’m the other guy with the bent rack :(

You’re right though, this bike does seem well built! My rear brake was rubbing initially as well though. Later tonight I’ll take off the rack and take it for a ride but looks like we both got our new bikes on the same day!

Haha guess I’m the other guy with the bent rack :(

You’re right though, this bike does seem well built! My rear brake was rubbing initially as well though. Later tonight I’ll take off the rack and take it for a ride but looks like we both got our new bikes on the same day!

Congrats!

One clarification - my rack is fine. It's the rear fender that bows to one side. Even after adjustment it is off-kilter. Sorry about that ambiguity in my above post.

I took another look at your pictures and boy are you right - that rack is pretty bent. Good of Juiced to send along another.

Gotta run!

Back