Toddler Seats and Urban Arrow Seat Adapter

Akilou

Region
USA
I test rode an Urban Arrow Family this weekend and I think I'm going to move forward with purchasing it, but I have a question regarding the toddler seat accessory that I'd like an unbiased opinion (e.g. from someone I'm not giving my money to) on.

My 14-month old is a little too small for the stock seats in the Urban Arrow Family. The straps don't get tight enough to hold him in. So I put him in the Yepp toddler seat (not sure if it was the mini or the maxi) which was bolted into the bottom of a different model front-loader cargo bike, and that seemed to work well. The Urban Arrow has a C15 Child Seat Adapter which "allows you to attach a wide selection of child seats". Since he'll only need the toddler seat for a few months or a year before being big enough to just use the stock seats, I'm considering looking for a used toddler seat that I could install. My question is: how do I know which seats will work with this adapter? The website says "a wide selection", but doesn't list them specifically. If you could find a list for me somewhere on the internet, or just let me know 1) if you use a toddler seat in the urban arrow and 2) which one, we can crowd source a list here and that would be helpful.

This video shows how a seat attaches to the adapter, but how can I know which seats have the ability to clamp onto a pole like that?

Thanks for the help.

Whoops. I meant to post this in the other category. Can't figure out how to delete this thread.

This video
from Urban Arrow shows how the accessory works with a Yepp Mini. I suggest you ask Urban Arrow what diameter tubing the C15 uses, presumably a width similar to that used for the Outer Diameter of a handlebar stem. Only that type of child seat would work with the C15, so Thule Yepp Mini, Thule Ridealong, Thule Yepp Nexxt Mini, depending on what Urban Arrow say you may need the Thule Yepp Mini slim fit adapter if it does not come with the seat, also the iBert seat might work. The child weight limit for the C15 accessory appears to be 15kg (33lb) which should work for your 14 month old.

Last edited:
Back