Thule Easy Fold hitch

Silvercat

Hi,
Have been reading many complaints that the support arm (that holds bike) comes loose or falls when driving over minor bumps in the road. Seems totally unacceptable for such an expensive hitch (1100.00 where I live). A limited life time warranty is pointless if one’s expensive ebike is damaged!

Appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.
Thanks!

I have driven thousands of miles, back roads & freeways two heavier ebikes and never had this happen. It sounds like user error to me. Either securing it to a frame section that is too wide or not securing it till the knob click to indicate proper tightness.

Agreed. I’ve never had a problem with mine, and it doesn’t seem the design would allow that to occur without user error. The instructions DO say to always lock the clamps before travel.

I agree also. I have used my Easy Fold for over two years including long road trips. Never a problem. The LBS dealer showed me how to securely fasten the carrier to the hitch receiver and how to load the bikes and secure them.

Hi,
Have been reading many complaints that the support arm (that holds bike) comes loose or falls when driving over minor bumps in the road. Seems totally unacceptable for such an expensive hitch (1100.00 where I live). A limited life time warranty is pointless if one’s expensive ebike is damaged!

Appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.
Thanks!
I have not seen any reports to that effect and I am quite active here and elsewhere. Please provide links to those reports so the rest of us can consider them and see who is writing them.

I’ve got one also, a few thousand miles with 50 pound e bikes on it, I’ve never had a problem. It seems like it woukd be hard to screw it up.

Back