Thoughts on the Veer 2 speed belt drive train?

Jimmy666

I recently came across this and this looks promising. Anyone out there using the belts already on the market?

That was filmed in a local business park. Veer is not cross compositable with other belt systems. One upside is that it can be installed on just about any existing frame. Gates requires special frames. The brittle aluminum teeth break off those cogs. And you can only get them from one source or at full pop MAP pricing from distributors. Right now I am working on a Nexus hub bike. It will get an extra-strong chain that is simple and inexpensive. It is a seven speed, not two.

That was filmed in a local business park. Veer is not cross compositable with other belt systems. One upside is that it can be installed on just about any existing frame. Gates requires special frames. The brittle aluminum teeth break off those cogs. And you can only get them from one source or at full pop MAP pricing from distributors. Right now I am working on a Nexus hub bike. It will get an extra-strong chain that is simple and inexpensive. It is a seven speed, not two.
I have the Nexus 7 speed, and like it much better than a derailleur (bike is an Ariel Rider C class).

Back