The new turbo Vado 2017

This the answer Specialized told me today:

'The Vado app for Andriod has unfortunately been postponed due to the fact that a big mistake has been found. Unfortunately, no clear deadline is currently given when it will become available'.

'The Vado app for Andriod has unfortunately been postponed due to the fact that a big mistake has been found. Unfortunately, no clear deadline is currently given when it will become available'.
Very interesting. Did they say anything about the iOS version? I wonder what a "big mistake" is?

I don't remember the Specialized website advertising current support for Mission Control for the Vado so boldly before:

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/busy-lives-call-for-faster-bikes

TURBO VADO MISSION CONTROL APP
A Touch Away
The battery's set-up with Bluetooth® communication functionality in order to control the tuning from our Turbo Vado Mission Control smartphone app. Now, you’re able to demonstrate total control over every facet of the battery and motor, as well as the ability to upload routes to get turn-by-turn navigation.

In the Netherlands :

(Google translate)
TURBO VADO MISSION CONTROL APP
Everything at your fingertips
The battery is equipped with an ANT + and Bluetooth® connection to communicate wirelessly with your cycling computer or smartphone. Via the Turbo Vado Mission Control smartphone app (available later this year) you have complete control over all aspects of the battery and motor. In addition, you can upload routes and follow turn-by-turn navigation directions.

And this is what I was alluding to. I'm sure I could speak to a fourth "rep" and get a fourth story.

Half the stories don't ring true, many contradict each other. The only conclusion you can really draw is most of these reps, if not all, have no idea what the actual cause of the delays are.

One thing I can tell you is the app could've been built from scratch more than once in the time since it was announced.

I bought my Vado in Sept. 2017. I gave up waiting for the firmware update. If its here by this Sept. it will be a miracle.

Last news I got today: the app will appear end of july (not for 100% sure)

There is a closed Beta of the Android app which is available to dealers, my local dealer says they have it, though I have not seen it. (no word on the iPhone app).
BUT
as far as I am aware it is only going to work at the moment with the 2019 VADO because the 2018 bike firmware (at least in the UK) is not bluetooth enabled/compatible with the app. and the 2019 firmware does not run on the 2018 bikes. So basically even if they released the app tomorrow it will do you no good until the firmware on your bike is updated.
When will the update be available? Who knows? maybe never. Specialized are not saying!

why ? (that sounds severe)
Why would there be a class action lawsuit? Because their website advertised the app and their dealers said it was "coming soon". Even Specialized's phone support staff confirmed that it was supposed to come out "next quarter" at the beginning of the year.

It's been a billion years since I took college Business Law, but I think the concept was called "detrimental reliance". Specialized made written and verbal promises that their app supported the Vado series and this promise carried varying degrees of weight when we made our purchase decisions.

Can you please tell us where or how you found this video? I’d like to know e.g. when it was published.

It was published on vimeo.com. Stating there: two weeks ago (English version, Vimeo No 309870436), two days ago (German version), 4 hours ago (French version).

It seems that a substantial hardware ECO/upgrade to the 2017/2018/2019 Como/Vado is required to get rid of all of the Bloks based wiring and control functions and convert to the new MY2020 TCD-W (Turbo Connect Display) version. Then firmware updates are required to the battery, the new Garmin based control panel, and potentially the motor. If all of this is done, then does one have the potential of getting a new remote management app?? And if so, when?

BTW - they claim it can be done in 30 min with experience. It took me 15 minutes just to watch the video!?

I asked Specialized Ridercare NL / BE for new information about the app. They answer:

We are pleased to announce that a solution has been found for the Vado 4.0 with a view to a working mission control app.
You can use your bike to your dealer, so that they can give us a suitable follow-up.

I asked Specialized Ridercare NL / BE for new information about the app. They answer:

We are pleased to announce that a solution has been found for the Vado 4.0 with a view to a working mission control app.
You can use your bike to your dealer, so that they can give us a suitable follow-up.

Just spoke to my dealer and they are contacting Specialized for the upgrade to my Como 3.0....

Back