The Good Things You Have Bought ver. 2

A22ACADD-2654-47EC-A267-7062F61C23B8.jpeg

Thud buster installed

just bought a weehoo to haul our granddaughter round on. found a used one that was only a 20 mile round trip to get :) but thats nothing on our tandem. it was only 200.00 with the rain hood. but I had to remove the rack on back and it seemed fine but first ride with her and it was hitting the fender and popped the cover off the tail light. poor Wife had to lose her Kinetk seat post and back to a normal one to get it to work. the garmin radar has to be removed but I just bought a mount to attach it to the back of the trailer. we tool a couple mile ride with her today after our long ride and she loved it since she can peddle. she is dinky but can ride a bike but she is
IMG_3237.jpeg
IMG_3210.jpeg
IMG_3211.jpeg
IMG_3213.jpeg
IMG_3214.jpeg
too small for one of those tag alongs.

just bought a weehoo to haul our granddaughter round on. found a used one that was only a 20 mile round trip to get :) but thats nothing on our tandem. it was only 200.00 with the rain hood. but I had to remove the rack on back and it seemed fine but first ride with her and it was hitting the fender and popped the cover off the tail light. poor Wife had to lose her Kinetk seat post and back to a normal one to get it to work. the garmin radar has to be removed but I just bought a mount to attach it to the back of the trailer. we tool a couple mile ride with her today after our long ride and she loved it since she can peddle. she is dinky but can ride a bike but she is View attachment 97504View attachment 97505View attachment 97506View attachment 97507View attachment 97508 too small for one of those tag alongs.
I’m getting the double model once the kids are too big for the Burley.

I’m getting the double model once the kids are too big for the Burley.
she had the trailer but it is pretty wide. the new ones have more of a arch on them. I told a spend to see how it worked and without my wife on back man the tandem was wobbly with the trailer.

Did I ever mention the Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack?

1674138376418.png

Everybody has issues with pulling the last inches/centimetres of the tyre bead onto the rim. With the Jack, you place the hook of the tool under the loose tyre bead, support the other end of the Jack onto the other side of the rim than just pull the handle strongly. POP! There it is!

I could so easily replace my Vado SL tyres for the winter ones with this tool. Yesterday, my brother was swapping my big Vado tyres for the winter ones, too. The Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus tyres in size 50-622 (29x2.0") had a very stiff bead, and my brother could not pull it onto the rim (regardless how experienced and strong he is). The Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack facilitated the process greatly!

I greatly recommend this US$14 tool. (I learned of it in these Forums).

Back