The Dash has restored my biking enthusiasm

On assist level "Zero"...can somebody please tell me what the experience is like in terms of pedaling effort/drag; how this compares to a regular pedal bike and if one would feel like they were getting 'too' much exercise in this mode (I'm assuming that this is the default mode should the battery die).

She's a heavy bike on zero assist. But on a flat it's totally manageable. There's no drag on the wheel @ zero either.
I tend to use throttle mode to give me just enough to keep my speed up around 12-15mph in low gear.

Thank you!...so in other words...to receive a slow-paced possibly moderate (or less) workout...but to not feel as if you are simply lugging around a heavy bike to accomplish this...you use the throttle (not the assist) to vary the intensity of your speed/(subliminal) effort in whatever gear you choose (in your case, the lower gears)...(?)

This is basically what I was hoping (btw, I received my battery today)...to have an infinitely variable level of exercise... and to not put my wife on something that she would injure herself on given the complete control (I'm hoping) that you describe above

Also, I love cruise control. Please don't get rid of it.

On a bike trail or something I'll set cruise to 15mph and still pedal lightly (hands free) and I can get 30+ miles out of a battery that way.

Also something nobody has mentioned is the Dash has awesome balance. Sitting up high hands free and pedaling is a breeze. Pedal assist #3 I can hands free up a long hill. That gets some looks let me tell you.

On assist level "Zero"...can somebody please tell me what the experience is like in terms of pedaling effort/drag; how this compares to a regular pedal bike and if one would feel like they were getting 'too' much exercise in this mode (I'm assuming that this is the default mode should the battery die).

Hi! I have an old stump-jumper 26" wheel, 18 speed? hardtail mountain bike - both the Dash and the Peak are slightly faster with NO electric assist and with the front fork locked out. The assist can be addicting, tho. You feel like a turtle when you turn it off.
:) Hope this helps -
Rusty

The (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) made for interesting reading as well.
One of the Known Issues I've been concerned about already, the sensor wires coming out of the BB are unprotected wires and sooner or later that is going to be a problem. If you can get your eyes below the BB you'll see them coming out and what the problem is. Also concerned about the poor fit of the lower rubber boot just above the BB letting dirt in, that part of the down tube is crammed with delicate (Molex) connectors and needs to be sealed better.
The takeaway is that if you see that error screen best to also look for a number that you can refer to later.

Brian,
I would washand dry the area of concern and use a little clear silcone RTV to seal any openings you are worried about.
The RTV is plyable, water tight and lasts.

Picked it up today from the bike shop and all I can say is 'wow'.
I just can't imagine it being any smoother or easier to operate given my 35 year or so absence from bicycles. For those of you on the fence and able, I would say to just get it at the discounted price and hopefully have no regrets. What a strange feeling to almost instantly hit 20 mph (silently/without any effort put forth) on a bike. I can see going as slow or as fast as I want and experiencing the same on the exercise side which is all I'm after (besides the extended range as I age).
Thanks to everybody here as the Dash is everything that you promised and really a lifestyle/destination changer concerning the options that I now have. I would never go back to a standard bike (God willing).

Last edited:
Fantastic!
I bet that after a few rides you will start feeling physically and mentally rejuvenated.
At least that is what has happened to me.
Have lots of wonderful bike rides!

You were a big help, Charly. I wouldn't be this excited without even starting if it weren't for you and a few others.

I just can't imagine it being any smoother or easier to operate given my 35 year or so absence from bicycles. For those of you on the fence and able, I would say to just get it at the discounted price and hopefully have no regrets. What a strange feeling to almost instantly hit 20 mph (silently/without any effort put forth) on a bike. I can see going as slow or as fast as I want and experiencing the same on the exercise side which is all I'm after (besides the extended range as I age).
Thanks to everybody here as the Dash is everything that you promised and really a lifestyle/destination changer concerning the options that I now have. I would never go back to a standard bike (God willing).

Ebikes are truly game changers. You'll start finding excuses to start riding again and again. This summer is going to be super awesome. :)
Enjoy..

Don't forget to check your spokes on the rear wheel. After 100+ miles on mine I heard some creaking in the back to find about 6 spokes needed to be tightened. All good now.
Good advice.
I noticed when I repaired my rear tire flat that some of my spokes were loose. Forgetful me, I forgot to go back and tighten them.
Thanks to your reminder, I'm going to check and tighten the spokes on both of my wheels.

So glad to hear you're enjoying the Dash! I'm hoping you can answer your own question now about what it's like to pedal on zero without assist or throttle. How does it feel compared with a regular bicycle given the extra weight? Also, does the rear wheel experience cogging with the gearless motor or does it freewheel? I know it doesn't offer regen so maybe it's not a direct drive setup?

So glad to hear you're enjoying the Dash! I'm hoping you can answer your own question now about what it's like to pedal on zero without assist or throttle. How does it feel compared with a regular bicycle given the extra weight? Also, does the rear wheel experience cogging with the gearless motor or does it freewheel? I know it doesn't offer regen so maybe it's not a direct drive setup?

I feel nothing but freewheeling and zero resistance from the motor. I've never owned a flyweight top of the line regular bicycle so I obviously have no frame of reference..but I'd pedal this thing with a dead battery as long as needed to get to a charger and not complain.

It's just hard to believe that someone would want more. I've got a pretty steep hill with a speed bump that I have to navigate. There is enough suspension going down to take the bump at the bottom and enough throttle to walk it back up (in any mode, conveniently) with no effort on my part. Every person who rides the bike 'gets it' right away with little instruction and loves it. 1st level pedal assist is perfect. One stroke of the pedal and you are moving...and I don't mean just a little.

In some respects (and I've been blessed to ride a lot of things) it's the coolest thing that I've ever owned and frankly the most dangerous in terms of my future ability to dump it/get hurt.

You just can't imagine what these things are like until you swing a leg over one. Most likely you'll never go back to riding a regular bike. For what we paid at the time and for the factory service that we are thus far receiving?...we couldn't be happier.

Back