The 8 Best Electric Mountain Bikes of 2024 [Apparently]

Wt? that list just made my head explode, no really im about to crawl on to the floor and gather the pieces! Seems like every single bike list i read these days is just pure madness.

Wt? that list just made my head explode, no really im about to crawl on to the floor and gather the pieces! Seems like every single bike list i read these days is just pure madness.
care to be more specific lol? seems like a reasonable range of bikes?

I wonder who so expertly combined three e-MTBs with two budget commuter e-bikes (that shall never see a technical singletrack) in one article...

Biking used to be an investment that was extremely cost effective for a few hundred dollars for the amount of reward with exercise, freedom, health benefits, transportation, etc... in return. Not sure the $9000 Trek E-Caliber 9.9 XX1 AXS or $9500 Giant Trance X is 4-5 times better than the $1600 Radrover 6+ for the casual/weekend rider?

Ditto for nearly every "Top N This or That" list, regardless of category. Most of these self-appointed experts are in no position to know of much less thoroughly test every e-MTB or smartphone or wrinkle remover or beach resort or toaster under the sun.

Of course, you'd expect Bicycling Magazine to be more authoritative. But then you'd have to explain the presence of the Aventon and Rad e-fatties. Neither came with a warning that e-fattie ≠ e-MTB.

Ditto for nearly every "Top N This or That" list, regardless of category. Most of these self-appointed experts are in no position to know of much less thoroughly test every e-MTB or smartphone or wrinkle remover or beach resort or toaster under the sun.

Of course, you'd expect Bicycling Magazine to be more authoritative. But then you'd have to explain the presence of the Aventon and Rad e-fatties. Neither came with a warning that e-fattie ≠ e-MTB.
they are kind of stuck. they cant really endorse some random company that may be gone in a year./I doubt people who read the magazine are going to buy a rad anyway. `

Editorial and advertising made a bet, or was it a practical joke for the work experience student?

Right now, someone is running around the office naked with a blow up sex toy taped to their nether regions.

How much did they pay you, aushiker ?

Bicycling magazine in its heyday was perhaps considered the go to magazine for roadies. Since its online entrance as Bicycling.com, I think that mantra hasn’t changed much, at least that’s my perception. The company attempted to attract newbie mtb’ers into the discipline with a separate publication supplement targeting that specific market but it fizzled and its mtb content was eventually merged into Bicycling.com which has become more of a generic source of info these days. More serious mtb/emtb devotees are likely to gravitate towards webpages that put bikes, their related components and gear on to actual testing grounds along with video commentary by pros, experts and amateur riders alike. No online subscription required.

The eight best electric mountain bikes of 2024 according to Bicycling magazine. Not sure these lists are of much value but still ...
The Rad and the Aventon don't even belong in the article-they are not mountain bikes. There are so many better e mountain bikes than these listed. Article is weak and clearly a sales pitch for Aventon or Rad...

I think you might be using a sliding scale for the definition of mountain bike? Rad and Aventon are designed with a strong frame, thick tires, straight handlebars, and traverse rough ground with front/full suspension just like the $6000-$9500 eMTB on the list. There are different types of off-road bikes available depending on the riding environment, skill level, and budget.

Back