Thanks everyone!

Sambiker

I can not find rear spokes for the ncm Moscow ebike 27.5. Leon cycles the main seller doesn't carry them. Sapim only has black ones. Any suggestions to other stores?
Thanks sam

Last edited:
North Americian vendor:

Here's the ones I ordered from Aliexpress (haven't arrived yet):

If you do an order and want 1/2 one size and 1/2 another they can do that just add a note

I posted the lengths on here in another post from Leon Cycle Canada if you need them.

If you just need a few spokes to keep you until the proper ones arrive. Accept the smaller 14g ones if you get them custom made at a local bike shop. I have two 14g spokes in my Moscow right now while waiting for 13g to arrive.

If you just need a few spokes to keep you until the proper ones arrive. Accept the smaller 14g ones if you get them custom made at a local bike shop. I have two 14g spokes in my Moscow right now while waiting for 13g to arrive.
That's a god idea, I might try that.

And the ones from ebikes.ca are Sapim spokes and they do come in silver.
That's a god idea, I might try that.
The other option is 13ga/14ga single butted spokes. These are 13ga at the hub and 14ga at the nipple. I have several of these in my rear wheel right now intermingled with the original 13ga straight spokes. To date, I have not had one of the butted spokes break (touch wood!)

I can not find rear spokes for the ncm Moscow ebike 27.5. Leon cycles the main seller doesn't carry them. Sapim only has black ones. Any suggestions to other stores?
Thanks sam
Looking for spokes from a seller is at best way overpriced or just not possible. Online (ebay) there
are a wide variety of spokes to be found; there are even some who make up custom orders. When
you search, be as specific as possible to gauge & length. Measure twice, depending on your rims
length can vary even for the same size tire, so can price. I´m guessing the real issue is with the rear
wheel. Smart Samś are just too mushy for big riders. They are okay in front, but not on the motor
wheel. Leon, on their site, has admitted to the problem & ´sez´ they´re trying to fix it. In the meantime
I put on Schwalbe marathons, green guard, 70 PSI,( 29¨ x 2¨) with much tougher sidewalls, this after several
mtn, tires too soft to cut it, Marathon plus are too rigid at the tread & will distort sidewalls for a heavy rider.
Green guard are not really mtn tires, but just fine if your are not into shredding. The Moscow is a great uphill
bike, downhill,,,not so much.

Last edited:
Looking for spokes from a seller is at best way overpriced or just not possible. Online (ebay) there
are a wide variety of spokes to be found; there are even some who make up custom orders. When
you search, be as specific as possible to gauge & length. Measure twice, depending on your rims
length can vary even for the same size tire, so can price. I´m guessing the real issue is with the rear
wheel. Smart Samś are just too mushy for big riders. They are okay in front, but not on the motor
wheel. Leon, on their site, has admitted to the problem & ´sez´ they´re trying to fix it. In the meantime
I put on Schwalbe marathons, green guard, 70 PSI,( 29¨ x 2¨) with much tougher sidewalls, this after several
mtn, tires too soft to cut it, Marathon plus are too rigid at the tread & will distort sidewalls for a heavy rider.
Green guard are not really mtn tires, but just fine if your are not into shredding. The Moscow is a great uphill
bike, downhill,,,not so much.
Thanks for the information. Yes, the Moscow is a great bike, it's a sturdy beast.

Thanks for the information. Yes, the Moscow is a great bike, it's a sturdy beast.
I have that same hat, but mine´s kinda gross with gunky brown sweat stains. One nice thing
about the moscow, if I bust it, I can still afford another one.

Last edited:
Back