Test ride on Polaris today

Cathryn

COURSE test ride today at Scottsdale Airpark Bikes. I also tried the RAIL. These guys spent a lot of time with me and no hard sell. I was impressed with this bike and the testing area had some small hills. I didn't think I was going to like the throttle on the left but it was ok. I can get over it. Smooth fast bike. So fast and powerful I was a little scared but I can get over that. This is fun trying out bikes. I hope to try a BionX conversion soon.

Are these conversion bikes this seller makes? I know Polaris as a name brand, but they are mostly a motorcycle company, who in the recent years have ventured into the ebike scene. If you buy a local shops conversion ebike, just be sure of the warranty and price comparison. You don't want to buy a $500 ebike for 2000$. Ya feels me.

The Rail is one of their newer models. Has a good 750watt duodrive motor. I will say that the Polaris ebikes are solid. I take mine off road all the time and through all my abuse it has held up well. They also have great customer service. I have always received quick replies to emails (same day usually) and even had my out of warranty charger replaced and shipped to me for free just last month.

The Rail is one of their newer models. Has a good 750watt duodrive motor. I will say that the Polaris ebikes are solid. I take mine off road all the time and through all my abuse it has held up well. They also have great customer service. I have always received quick replies to emails (same day usually) and even had my out of warranty charger replaced and shipped to me for free just last month.
I love to hear this I'm obsessing over these bikes.

They seem like decent bikes, but the Rail is really heavy at ~60 lbs and also, it only comes with mechanical discs instead of hydraulic disc brakes. That means a whole lot more brake cable adjustments, and that's a pain. It is a pretty good bargain, though, at only $2,500. I'm sure it's a good fit for some buyers, but it's too heavy for my taste, as I occasionally have to lug my bike up or down stairs. I struggle with a 50 lb bike as-is.

Last edited:
Yes it is heavy. Mine is 53lbs and is a bit challenging moving around. I would not want to move it up stairs. One good thing to a heavy bike is that it feels safe and solid when I am riding it and not like it's going to fall apart. I have only needed to adjust my brakes a maybe once in past 6 months and they stop on a dime. Very good stopping power. The brakes are regenerative so anything about 20mph puts a little juice back on the battery (not much though). I have done very little maintenance on this bike other than cleaning and lubing the chain and washing off all the dirt that builds up from my rides.

Last edited:
I forgot to add that the tires are tough and say "puncture resistant" on them. As much off road abuse as I have put on them I will say that is true. However, today, I met my match. I was going downhill on a dirt trail about 15mph and off a small jump my back tire landed on a side of a large partially exposed boulder and POP!, got my 1st flat.....The thing that really sucked was the 1.5 hour walk back to civilization while pushing the 53lb bike. I was not prepared with tools or flat kit. Now I will see the challenge of removing the rear wheel and getting this thing back on the dirt. But it was a good workout!

Last edited:
I'll be off road but only on the canal and easy bike trails around mountains. I won't be challenging the bike on hiking trails. I'm looking at the Rail and Course. I'd love to get those fat tires but I think it's too much for me.

Hi Jazz, I've decided on a bike. I had another ride on the Polaris EV512. I'm very much impressed and found a great bike shop. I've been in 3 times and got an estimate on my bicycle as a trade in. It's a 50 mile round trip but it's worth the drive. These guys are great, not pushy, and know about the bikes. I've also talked to Mike at Polaris with questions and he's been great. I'll be moving forward on this when I have the $. Unless I break down and finance. I don't want to do that but it's an option. You'll know when I get the bike, I'll post a video bike reveal. Thanks for asking!

Great looking forward to seeing it. Yes Mike at Polaris/Evantage is awesome. He was the one who sent me a replacement charger when mine died even after the warranty expired. Good service!

I'm looking at great service from the bike shop and Polaris combined with a top motor. It was a no -brainer. Nice chatting with you jazz! Thanks!

Back