Terranet AB has made a major step forward in e-bike safety. (article)

Solarcabin

Region
USA
The BlincBike system assists the bike rider in making smarter decisions on the roads by classifying the object, read the distance, and predicting the intention of the object.

The BlincBike system assists the bike rider in making smarter decisions on the roads by classifying the object, read the distance, and predicting the intention of the object.

Interesting mostly because they are targeting ebike owners ... we have very different needs than car drivers and I am glad to see someone recognize that.

It seems like a step up from Garmin’s Varia which doesn’t differentiate between vehicles and other cyclists. However, the article doesn’t go into depth as to what other, if any, metrics show up on the handlebar mounted display as exemplified by Garmin’s Edge series.

Garmin-Varia-Radar-Edge520-PassingCars-3.jpg

Garmin Varia warns me urgently about trucks passing on the interstate 8 lanes away though a chain link fence. Garmin Varia warns me about cars approaching a stop sign on a cross street I passed 50 m ago. Useless. I only turn it on to use the red flashing light at night. Maybe this new product isn't such a crybaby.

Back