Teo front shock

Stoker283

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone were familiar with the front shock. I know it is adjustable/lockable. But this is my first bike with suspension and I am ignorant about the subject.
So any input will be very appreciate.
Cheers

Probably the best idea. There is quite a bit of info on the web about tuning forks, just not sure how much tuning you can do to the Mozo that comes on the Teo. I'm pretty sure it is an entry level suspension fork. The rock shock fork on my Giant you can adjust the air pressure for varying rider weight, and the rebound on the bottom of the fork. Not sure if the Mozo would be similar?

Thought I would post this here since a thread on the forks was already started. This I feel is aimed more for us "heavier" riders of the Teo, but maybe some of the average weight riders are experiencing the same.

Whats your honest opinion of the mozo suspension forks that come stock on the bike? I'm 250lbs, and in my opinion, for my weight, they aren't cutting the mustard. I'm not doing "drops" or any jumps etc., just trail riding and going down dirt hills and finding that they bottom out often and quite hard. I don't think the springs selected are meant for the heavier rider. I'm not even riding the bike hard to have then bottom out. Riding on the level the fork sags about 60%, so I find myself just locking them out at full extension and using them like a solid fork all the time now. Otherwise it makes my stance lean forward and is uncomfortable.

Just thought I would see how others felt about their performance, likes or dislikes.

After doing some research, I see Luna cycles has a replacement fork called the "luna lander" that looks very good. They have done some homework and it looks like a direct replacement for our Mozo fork( they aimed it at the sondors bike ), and it has an air spring in it that is fully adjustable. Pretty inexpensive as far as air spring forks go. I'm thinking seriously about ordering a set.

I decided to go take apart my Teo's head set and stem to see what size the fork was. Please correct the terminology if I'm wrong but it looks like a 1-1/8" threadless fork. It does not taper. It looks like it might as the top of the neck of the Teo is much smaller diameter than the bottom, but it doesn't. The crown race at the bottom comes off easily and the length of the steerer tube was 215mm. It measured 135mm between the dropouts. The Luna should fit....I think I'm going to order it.

Ok I ordered it.

I think this will make me completely happy riding now. I am having an absolute blast on this bike! Have had no complaints save the forks bottoming out on the trails. Hopefully this remedies that issue!

Last edited:
I'm a lot lighter at 225 ;)

Looking forward to read your review.

I've ordered a few things from Luna Cycle:
< Luna E-pump
< 48V 300w advanced charger
< Chain breaker tool
< multi purpose wrench

Excellent delivery and customer service.

Wow that's great to know! Thank you. I remember you ordering a nice charger but didn't pay attention to where you purchased it. I looked at that E-pump while I was browsing. How does it perform? Have you found any times to use it yet? On another note, I would love to be 225 again. Going to try and get there for next summer:)

The pump works fantastic, I just had to jerry rig a connector to the battery, I'm still looking to find one, but it works. It is very fast, ideal for fat tires. And no, not had to use it officially... Hope not really.

I was in California last month, at my son's cottage and Luna shipped my stuff there. Curious to know how they ship to Canada.

Great! I'll have to take another look at that. I will give a quick report on forks/shipping etc. when they arrive.

Thought I would post this here since a thread on the forks was already started. This I feel is aimed more for us "heavier" riders of the Teo, but maybe some of the average weight riders are experiencing the same.

Whats your honest opinion of the mozo suspension forks that come stock on the bike? I'm 250lbs, and in my opinion, for my weight, they aren't cutting the mustard. I'm not doing "drops" or any jumps etc., just trail riding and going down dirt hills and finding that they bottom out often and quite hard. I don't think the springs selected are meant for the heavier rider. I'm not even riding the bike hard to have then bottom out. Riding on the level the fork sags about 60%, so I find myself just locking them out at full extension and using them like a solid fork all the time now. Otherwise it makes my stance lean forward and is uncomfortable.

Just thought I would see how others felt about their performance, likes or dislikes.

After doing some research, I see Luna cycles has a replacement fork called the "luna lander" that looks very good. They have done some homework and it looks like a direct replacement for our Mozo fork( they aimed it at the sondors bike ), and it has an air spring in it that is fully adjustable. Pretty inexpensive as far as air spring forks go. I'm thinking seriously about ordering a set.

I decided to go take apart my Teo's head set and stem to see what size the fork was. Please correct the terminology if I'm wrong but it looks like a 1-1/8" threadless fork. It does not taper. It looks like it might as the top of the neck of the Teo is much smaller diameter than the bottom, but it doesn't. The crown race at the bottom comes off easily and the length of the steerer tube was 215mm. It measured 135mm between the dropouts. The Luna should fit....I think I'm going to order it.

Ok I ordered it.

I think this will make me completely happy riding now. I am having an absolute blast on this bike! Have had no complaints save the forks bottoming out on the trails. Hopefully this remedies that issue!

This looks like the fork you ordered. Posted here
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/commuter-fat-bike-pictures.14233/

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,422
Well the Luna Lander forks arrived and I've been putting them through some good test rides. First off, Luna cycle had them out the door in 2 days, and I picked them up 7 days after that. Customer service was great, and I would have no problems ordering from them again.

As I mentioned earlier, I purchased the Luna Lander because I'm a heavy guy, and the stock forks just weren't cutting the mustard. I still feel the stock Mozo fork is a better fork than most of the competition has to offer.

Installation was easy. The install video on Luna's site is very helpful. If you haven't worked on bikes before, or aren't very mechanically inclined, I'm sure a bike shop would have them changed over in an hour.

In the box I received the forks, 2 star nuts (these go into the steerer tube, you only need 1), the remote lockout with cable, and a piece of PVC pipe to set your crown race on the new fork. I did not receive cable housing or stem spacers, so I had to run to the local bike shop and get those.($15.00 total). I can understand not including stem spacers but you need cable housing to make the remote lockout functional, so I think they should include that.

Like I mentioned before, at my weight of 250lbs, the stock forks weren't providing much suspension at all. There was just too much sag, and not adjustable. I had only about 25mm of suspension with all that sag, so I was bottoming out the stock forks constantly when riding even moderately bumpy trails. Thank goodness they come with a lockout, which I had locked pretty much the whole time so I could ride. Otherwise I was bottoming out or leaning forward at an uncomfortable angle.

The Luna lander is longer by about an inch. It has 120mm travel and think the stock Mozo is 100mm. I see that the Teo review shows the Mozo at 120mm but I'm not sure that is correct. I measured usable travel on both forks before they bottom out. The stock Mozo measured 86mm and the Luna I got 105mm. With the fork being a bit taller it also raises the height of the handlebar and the frame, which I prefer. The length of the steerer tube is 220mm ( stock Mozo is 215mm ) so I didn't cut it and left it at 220mm and added a stem spacer. This also raises the handle bar up another 5mm.

The Luna feels solid and well put together. It soaks up large impacts with no issues and rebounds back to full travel very quickly. I've only managed to bottom it out once and I was trying to do it on purpose. They feel so smooth on the trails, and have greatly changed how the bike feels and reacts, and for the better. I feel more confident riding the rough stuff and can ride bumps that I was cringing and slowing down for before. No more sag! You can dial in the amount of suspension and sag that suits your riding style and you're off!

The Luna comes with a remote lockout, which is very handy. No more bending down to lock out your fork. I wish I could have mounted it on the handle bar, but as we all know, there isn't a whole lot of room on there to be adding things. I mounted it on the handlebar extension, and it works well located there. Push down and the switch latches the fork in locked mode. Push the release and you're back to having suspension. (The remote lockout is the grey switch on the end of the handlebar extension)
20170831_191253.jpg 20170831_191319.jpg

From weighing both forks on a bathroom scale (I know, not the greatest accuracy), the stock Mozo weighed in at 7 lbs and the Luna is 6lbs. So a little bit of savings there.
Luna cycle developed this fork for the Sondors bike, but it also works as direct bolt on replacement for our Teo's. The stock crown race, stem spacers, headset, disc brakes (160mm), and quick release hub are a direct fit. No modifications needed.

I am very happy I made this purchase. I loved riding the Teo before, and now its even better. I love the Luna forks!!!! For me, this puts the finishing touch on the Teo. The bike deserves to have these on it from the start IMO.:D

There is a great review on this fork here.

20170831_191426.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for this @Falken, looks like a decent mod.

If you don't mind me asking, how was it shipped to you, USPS? Normally much better than UPS for me at least. I bought from Luna, but had them ship to my son in California...

Just curious.

Luna Lander is a good fork. I have it on my fat bike. Mozo is entry level and is adequate for light duty riding. The Lander is much beefer with more suspension, not sure if it is as good as a Bluto but not far off and not $600.

Thank you for this @Falken, looks like a decent mod.

If you don't mind me asking, how was it shipped to you, USPS? Normally much better than UPS for me at least. I bought from Luna, but had them ship to my son in California...

Just curious.
Yes it was shipped USPS priority. Luna first sent me a Fed Ex tracking number, which of course wasn't working. One call to them and they had it quickly sorted out and sent me the USPS tracking number.

Luna Lander is a good fork. I have it on my fat bike. Mozo is entry level and is adequate for light duty riding. The Lander is much beefer with more suspension, not sure if it is as good as a Bluto but not far off and not $600.
Very reasonably priced at $195US. The remote lockout is a very handy added touch as well.:)

Back