TCD battery replacement question

SAbike

Region
Canada
I want to check before I try to force/pop the battery out of the TCD here. It’s a larger CR2032 that seems firmly held in, by about 7 small black tabs. How do I get the battery out without snapping off a tab? It seems pretty firmly held in there.

Attachments

• 7AA6CBF1-8F87-4382-886B-AFFBC99B779B.jpeg
    7AA6CBF1-8F87-4382-886B-AFFBC99B779B.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 217
  • E9F93C8B-E98E-4DBA-9D4A-A8955C4D8158.jpeg
    E9F93C8B-E98E-4DBA-9D4A-A8955C4D8158.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 228
I want to check before I try to force/pop the battery out of the TCD here. It’s a larger CR2032 that seems firmly held in, by about 7 small black tabs. How do I get the battery out without snapping off a tab? It seems pretty firmly held in there.
I believe that I used a very small, very thin screw driver to get under a portion of the battery.

If you think that battery is hard to remove, try the one in the TCU (or whatever the unit on the top tube is called). There is this thin, dime sized battery jammed into a narrow slot that is impossible to remove. And, yes, there is a battery in there although they don't really advertise it.

I have just tried myself. I touched the side of the battery between two tabs with the sharp end of scissors and the battery just popped out :)

Thanks again everyone. I used a tiny screwdriver for eyeglasses. Its little flat tip slipped under the battery and popped it out. Newly re-assembled. Now I just have to figure out how to coax Specialized oh-so-intuitive TCL operating system to allow me to reset the clock :)
(that's not a question: I know I can figure it out, or use their super readable (irony alert) instruction sheet to guide me).

Thanks again everyone. I used a tiny screwdriver for eyeglasses. Its little flat tip slipped under the battery and popped it out. Newly re-assembled. Now I just have to figure out how to coax Specialized oh-so-intuitive TCL operating system to allow me to reset the clock :)
(that's not a question: I know I can figure it out, or use their super readable (irony alert) instruction sheet to guide me).
Oh, come on. There's nothing wrong with microdots and micro-printing. It worked well for spies! I grabbed the pdf and enlarged some of the relevant sections.

My issue is attempting to register pressing both buttons at the same time on the display. I have trouble sometimes even getting one button to register. Which explains why, other than setting the clock, I've not attempted to alter any of the other display options.

And, yes, I'm sure that Stefan has found everything about these Specialized bikes and components and documentation nearly perfect. The rest of us mere mortals less so! :eek:

And, again, wait till you try getting to that OTHER battery!

Back