Take off fenders?

Iano

Any reason to keep the fenders on the CCS? I live in Texas and if it's raining I'm driving a car. The front fender just seems annoying or at least I can't get it aligned perfectly, the rear is fine I guess, but might as well just take both off?

You sure can take 'em off. I need mine but you don't need yours. So, the rear fender removal I think requires removal of the rear wheel. The two black sheet metal holders of the fenders: you slide the fender out and back through them after removing the one through-screw at the bottom bracket and removing, of course, the side stays. Then SLIDE the fender out around the two black thin metal holders. Take off the front fender only, if you want to avoid a lot of extra work, because the rear wheel is a bit involved to remove and replace.

Took off the front, took a look at the rear, I *think* you could get it off without taking the rear wheel off as long as you had an L shaped hex key and some patience for the bottom most bolt. The rear doesn't bug me like the front fender so I'll just leave it be. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, if you don't commute when it rains then you really don't need the fenders. I live in Vancouver, and it rains quite a bit here. For me one of the selling points of the bike is that it came with fenders, rack, lights all included.

Back