sure looks like a scam bike to me on indiegogo

fooferdoggie

the range is really wacky maybe the 250 watt version could go aways. Now where do the get the regen part its a bafang geared hub. looks like mechanical brakes and not 180mm rotors.

I doubt it is a scam; the people who backed this will likely get their bike. It is just another Chinese fat folder, after all. But the claims made are surely oversold and fantasy.

I doubt it is a scam; the people who backed this will likely get their bike. It is just another Chinese fat folder, after all. But the claims made are surely oversold and fantasy.
ya that's what I am thinking but that's still a bit of a scam for the price. they will juts buy a bunch of them from china and send them out. something like 150 for a extra battery man no thanks on that battery (G)

The scam is the 100 miles on a 15 ah battery, especially on fat tires. They just aren't disclosing that 40 to 50 of those miles will be human power only, bc the battery ran out of juice. Regen braking and 'lightweight' frame is part of their claim. Whenever you see 'regen' and ebike in the same sentence, run far far away. ;)

Not sure on scam, but more an upgraded Lectric XP without the support you get from Lectric. No thank you...

Yeah, for a grand, I dont see a huge value plus as a start up, how good is the warranty if there is one?

the range is really wacky maybe the 250 watt version could go aways. Now where do the get the regen part its a bafang geared hub. looks like mechanical brakes and not 180mm rotors.

I GENUINELY believe this is 100% a scam. Otherwise I would buy two of them. If I'm wrong, it may hurt a little bit. But if I'm right, I will save thou$ands.

I GENUINELY believe this is 100% a scam. Otherwise I would buy two of them. If I'm wrong, it may hurt a little bit. But if I'm right, I will save thou$ands.
I saw one of the many folders on amazon that said it was regenerative charging on a Bafang geared hub. so it seems its spreading (G)

No "backer" will ever receive anything. And there is NOTHING they can do to get their money back. I wish they understood that.

No "backer" will ever receive anything. And there is NOTHING they can do to get their money back. I wish they understood that.
I think they will just get a generic mass produced folder that is already out there. I bet they use it just to make a big purchase. but who knows? they have sold 330 bikes a container full I bet.

Sadly, they have raised 2,000% of their goal... :eek:

1603251591099.png

No I think we already discussed this one. Backers will get a folder that they could order right now from Lectric and be done with it. They are using the self charging angle to attract buyers and I question just how powerful the regen actually is...

Does anyone even make a regen system that can actually charge a bike? I know that lots of people think ebikes should self-charge, but is the technology even there for that to be possible?

No I think we already discussed this one. Backers will get a folder that they could order right now from Lectric and be done with it. They are using the self charging angle to attract buyers and I question just how powerful the regen actually is...
there is no regen it uses a Bafang geared hub thats totally fake.

Lectric doesn't use a direct drive motor capable of regen, but other 20" fat tire folders do, like Rattan and Eahora,

As for 100 miles, with a light rider and plenty of pedalling, I feel it's possible, but most of you wouldn't care to be riding at the pokemon speeds needed to do that,

Back