Stuck in tour mode.

Marts

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm stuck in tour mode, the system will only turn when it is off the bike. If turned on with it mounted it automatically shuts down.
Thank you, happy riding.

Maybe it just wants to go on a tour!

Kidding aside, I am stopping by my bike shop to have an adjustment made on my new XM700 in a few hours... I'll ask them, their mechanic has had a load of the Bosch training.

Mechanic wasn't there when I was... the owner of the store was, but he's not the technical guy. Sorry!

Sounds like a trip to your bike shop is in order.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm stuck in tour mode, the system will only turn when it is off the bike. If turned on with it mounted it automatically shuts down.
Thank you, happy riding.
Sounds like a fault with your display. Is your dealer local? Maybe you can try a different display to see if it solves the issue. In theory the assistance mode should not display when the display is off the bike.

If I had to guess I would say the battery in the display is low or dead. I would recommend trying to turn the bike on by depressing the button on the side of the battery with the display installed. You might have to do it a couple of times. Or you could plug your display into a micro USB to charge it. If that doesn't do it I would just swap the display.

That's really kind of you, thanks for trying, I'm struggling to fine a repairer within 2 hrs.

QUOTE="Saratoga Dave, post: 105724, member: 7479"]Maybe it just wants to go on a tour!

Kidding aside, I am stopping by my bike shop to have an adjustment made on my new XM700 in a few hours... I'll ask them, their mechanic has had a load of the Bosch training.[/QUOTE]

My Intuvia is also stuck in TOUR Mode....My bike still works But can not change modes...returned to the Retailer >>I wanted to swap the Intuvia Display unit from another bike from there display models ..But the Bike machanic stopped me?? I was Only trying to diagnoise the fault...I will just have to wait & see what they find.

It turns out I also developed this problem, or a similar one, though in my case it was stuck in Off. Wouldn't do anything!

Here is the way that turned out, you may have the same thing (from the thread I started on the issue)

RESOLUTION
So in our last exciting episode, I had dropped the bike off Saturday afternoon at my LBS. They had not seen this one, and said they would call Bosch on Monday and report back.

Sure enough, Monday (yesterday) around 11AM they had the thing fixed. During a call to the Bosch technical people, they removed the controller - a couple turns of an allen screw on the bottom side of the unit - and discovered some unspecified amount of dust/crap/crud on one of the contacts within. Cleaned it off and Shazam! Back in business.

This will probably never happen again, since I don't ride this on dirt much, but it doesn't happen to the mountain bikes either, so this one was a fluke. However, if it ever does, out on the road, a quick sacrifice of a CO2 canister from the tire repair bag would most likely blast it clean again just by shooting air into the edge of the controller without removing it. This stuff gets COLD so just a tiny shot would likely be a Save.

The thing comes apart after removing from the handlebar just by poking the end of the allen wrench into two little holes on the underside of the Plus and Minus buttons. They pop right up and expose the contacts. I'm not convinced I would mess around to that extent unless it was an emergent sort of situation... five miles up the side of a six mile mountain, perhaps.

By "controller" I am referring to the assist up/down selector on the left handlebar. This is on a Trek 700+, Intuvia setup.

Thanks Dave
That sounds Like my problem ...But still awaiting for my service agent/mechanic , to sort out the problem Your guys seem to be more onto it,than mine -as its been 5 days & only one email to say they are still working on the problem? I will update if i get anymore info.

Maybe you can forward my story to them as a possibility. It was someone at Bosch who told my (Bosch trained) LBS mechanic the answer, and that person knew it right away. I've since put another five hundred miles on, no repetition of the issue. Five days and "still working" doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, though... they could have switched out the controller itself by now and that certainly should have fixed it regardless. Summer is flying by, gotta ride! Good luck getting this done.

From what I've read, to reboot the system, you have to let the battery in the monitor run down. It would take a few days off the bike for that to happen. Cleaning the contacts is sure the way to start.

My Intuvia controller ALSO won't work to select any assist levels. I button still scrolls through info screens. Gonna get some contact cleaner and try that tomorrow. Mine is out of warranty. 15 Haibike Xduro FS RX
Did it a couple of times in the past but would always come back on eventually if I kept turning it on and off. Yesterday wouldn't come on at all as I rode for 35 minutes so I figured I'd be taking it to a shop.
Glad I searched here first. :)

Edit: Fixed!!

Took mine apart (1 bolt holds to handlebars, 3mm allen) and insert small eyeglass screwdriver into the slots on the bottom of each button, push down and the control pops in 2 pieces. I was disappointed to find no dirt, clean as could be. But pushed on the small metal tabs that the buttons push and the assist level on the display moved, hmmm. Put the cover back on and pushed the buttons and the assist levels changed like normal. Screwed it back on and it's working fine. Guessing the housing tweaks a bit over time and the buttons aren't making good contact with the metal button underneath that triggers the changes.
Taking it apart and putting it back together fixed mine. LOL
5 minutes max.

Last edited:
That's exactly what they did to fix mine. I wondered about the dirt part of it since that bike doesn't really see dirt, but the result is the same: the thing works and we know what to do next time. Good news.

I am having the same problem, after using the bike only for less than a week. The (i) button works fine, but assist mode shifters (+ -) don't.
I contacted Bosch; they said the warranty should cover this problem as long as I did not tinker with it! I am glad I resisted my nasty temptations to open it. Contacted the dealer, sent them a video that shows the problem, and they agreed to send a replacement.
Moral of the story, buy your e-bike from a local dealer to make full use of the warranty. Because you cannot risk trying to fix anything no matter how silly it looks, it might void the warranty. Instead, you are stuck on relying on your distant dealer.

Back