Stromer will be sold to a french private equity group

bluecat

The myStromer AG will get a new, strong investor. Read here the exclusive statement from Jakob Luksch, CEO of my Stromer AG:

„Stromer hat in den letzten drei Jahren die Strukturen für eine schnelle, stufenlose Skalierung unseres Geschäftsmodells geschaffen. Mit Naxicap Partners haben wir nun den richtigen Partner an Bord, der nicht nur die Leidenschaft für Premiumprodukte teilt, sondern auch mit seinem Netzwerk und seiner Expertise in unserem europäischen Kernmarkt signifikanten Mehrwert bringen wird.“

Most recent information will be published on the swiss stromerforum.ch

On Friday, Stromer release the attached media information.

The interesting part is, where - globally seen - the new owners want to invest and grow.

Despite the fact, that the coronavirus crisis as brought the bike industry due to the dream like grow rate into the focus of investors, I confess my surprise on this this deal. Over the years, Stromer has made the way from the start up company from Thömu's farm house to a industrial company in KMU size. In the past years, even profitability was there. In an environment with growing impact of ecological aspects (so called Green Parties in politics), I've expected a Sustainable Found could take over Stromer. Now, this is not the case and the journey will go into a different direction. Feel free to read and comment the press release.

Attachments

• Press Release Stromer Naxicap.pdf
    84.9 KB · Views: 462
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the growth of speed pedelecs is not possible within Europe simply due to the laws requiring them to be registered and insured as though they were a low power motorbike.
if the law changes to remove that requirement then sales of them will really take off.

I hear that reason a lot. How much would registration and insurance cost annually in Germany, for a st3?

I hear that reason a lot. How much would registration and insurance cost annually in Germany, for a st3?
A bit of a Chicken and Egg issue here...

Trying to find insurance isn't always straight forward. It can depend on which European country you're in, but in general, the ebike insurance market for higher powered (over 250w) bikes is still in its infancy. You'll normally be paying a higher than usual premium due to the "unknown" factor.

Likewise, registration isn't always straight forward ever. Many bikes don't come with the appropriate paperwork to make it easy.

If it comes to Stromer, the situation is better. They alway come with the Fahrzeugausweis in Switzerland and with the CoC in the rest of Europe.

As 45km/h is a national vehicule categorie, each country can define it's own rules. Not surprising, in Switzerland, it is very easy to do the amintrative stuff:
  1. I send the Fahrzeugausweis (grey card) to the Vehicle Office along with a copy of my personal ID
  2. I get back a license plate, a new Fahrzeugausweis, the annual insurance sticker and an invoice
The annual insurance (Haftpflicht!) ist 33 CHF, the annual road tax is 25 CHF. Each year, I get an invoice for this. I pay and get the sticker back. If i don't want to ride my Stromer anymore, I do nothing (no cancellation needed). Some countries change the licence plate on annual basis (different colors).

Anti theft and anti damage insurance has to be done on private basis.

If it comes to Stromer, the situation is better. They alway come with the Fahrzeugausweis in Switzerland and with the CoC in the rest of Europe.

As 45km/h is a national vehicule categorie, each country can define it's own rules. Not surprising, in Switzerland, it is very easy to do the amintrative stuff:
  1. I send the Fahrzeugausweis (grey card) to the Vehicle Office along with a copy of my personal ID
  2. I get back a license plate, a new Fahrzeugausweis, the annual insurance sticker and an invoice
The annual insurance (Haftpflicht!) ist 33 CHF, the annual road tax is 25 CHF. Each year, I get an invoice for this. I pay and get the sticker back. If i don't want to ride my Stromer anymore, I do nothing (no cancellation needed). Some countries change the licence plate on annual basis (different colors).

Anti theft and anti damage insurance has to be done on private basis.

Thomas Bingelli and other core members of Stromer are going to be part of the structure with the French company?

Will this new acquisition have any effect on the new products from Stromer in terms of price and product line up?

Thomas Bingelli and other core members of Stromer are going to be part of the structure with the French company?

Will this new acquisition have any effect on the new products from Stromer in terms of price and product line up?

More about the new Chairman, the board and the company is described at Swiss stromerforum.ch (web translation might be helpful).

The company has new owner, but remains independent. This means, myStromer AG is not a small part of a bigger company in the cycling sector. But the question, were the additional profit shall come from is not yet answered. A shift toward the slow 25km/h was declined. But there was no single word about the US market.

Back