Stromer ST5 TRP brakes Squeaking

Petropoliskhan

Region
Europe
City
Brussels
Hello everyone, I have just bought an almost new (2019 ,270 mile) Stromer ST5.
I love it! However the TRP brakes are LOUD (squeaking- creaking). Any recommendations for quieter compatible alternate brake pads?
Thank you

Last edited:
There is probably 3 days worth of watching on Youtube to remedy squeaking disc brakes.

There is probably 3 days worth of watching on Youtube to remedy squeaking disc brakes.
Hi Rich, Thanks a lot for taking your valuable time to post this great tip.!!!!!!
I am aware of YT but I was hoping to avoid 3 days of youtube by asking the usually very well informed and helpful Stromer TRP users on THIS forum. I have watched several videos already on YT ( cleaning, bedding etc...)
As I said the bike is not quite new and it is likely that the brakes were not bedded properly.
I know that Magura and TRP/ Tektro have a reputation for great performance and being loud
Maybe I was not clear in my first post .
Can anyone recommend compatible brake pads that I will endeavour to bed-in and maintain properly.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have just bought an almost new (2019 ,270 mile) Stromer ST5.
I love it! However the TRP brakes are LOUD (squeaking- creaking). Any recommendations for quieter compatible alternate brake pads?
Thank you

St5 brakes squeak it is very common. They get better with miles but they are still loud.

Someone on these forums suggested Shimano D03S resin brake pads to remedy the problem. I haven't tried it myself , my pads are still strong but next time I may.
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...t-shimano-brake-caliper-11-51-cassette.38630/

It wouldn't hurt to give the rotor and brake pads a light sanding then clean them throughly with brake cleaner (or something similar). Next, go out and bed the pads in correctly (anywhere from 4 to 6 hard braking (but not to a complete stop).

It wouldn't hurt to give the rotor and brake pads a light sanding then clean them throughly with brake cleaner (or something similar). Next, go out and bed the pads in correctly (anywhere from 4 to 6 hard braking (but not to a complete stop).
Thank you Deacon Blues. You better believe i'll be doing my home work/ youtube tutorial watching to make sure I do things properly.

Back