Stromer ST2 S Video Review

Tara D.

Woah the Supernova light has 1600 lumens! Great for night commuting.

https://electricbikereview.com/strome... The Stromer ST2 S is an urban racer with smooth electronic shifting, app-driven performance tuning, ultra-bright dynamic lighting that responds to braking, five levels of power regen and regenerative braking. Available in three high-step frame sizes for improved fit, impressive weight distribution for a hub-powered ebike, removable downtube-integrated battery pack offers nearly 1 kWh capacity for 100+ mile range. Premium components and accessories including Shimano XTR drivetrain, Magura MT Next e brakes, DT Swiss wheelset, Continental tires, Supernova lights and Ergon grips and saddle. Heavier than most speed pedelecs but lighter than the standard ST2 and solidly built, comfortable to ride thanks to enlarged tires and carbon fork, extremely expensive electric bike priced at $9,490 USD.

Last edited:
Isn't the drivetrain XTR, rather than SLX? And I'm wondering if the electronic shifting runs on the main battery i.e. If you run out of juice whether you then also can't shift.

I'm probably going to get the regular ST2 soon, possibly with the larger battery option if I can be patient and wait for it to come out. But there is a small insane part of me that's tempted by the ST2 S.

Hey @Kendoji the electronic shifting and derailleur run on independent batteries there’s a charging port on the right side of the mini-display near the stem. And yes you are correct about it being XTR. I've let Court know about the typo there so it can be fixed! Thank you! Sometimes it can lead to a lot of fun to listen that that small insane part of you!

Yes yes, the european nanny states, I know. Brings us the self-flip-up kickstand, because our gov. believes we're too stupid riding a bicycle. But we'll never have a WARNING message in the operating instructions: "Don't use the car wash!!!" like the US manual probably have.

We let wash our Stromer by Ronja Furrer ;-)

upload_2016-4-18_23-14-6.png

The (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Yes yes, the european nanny states, I know. Brings us the self-flip-up kickstand, because our gov. believes we're too stupid riding a bicycle. But we'll never have a WARNING message in the operating instructions: "Don't use the car wash!!!" like the US manual probably have.

We let wash our Stromer by Ronja Furrer ;-)

View attachment 5862

The (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

What nonsense....!!

We have the best topless car wash in the world. No emaciated models here...

Topless car wash.jpg

Last edited:
Back