Stolen ebike Columbia SC

BarbaraSC

Electric bicycle stolen from Columbia SC Friday night 21 September - $500 cash reward for return in good condition - No questions asked. Surface 604 Shred. This is my son's sole mode of transportation to his job. This is a desperate situation. Thief does NOT have the recharger. Please be on the lookout ! I appreciate any help and please share if you will with e- bike community.

Barbara Long shred_6928b75a-ac7c-4606-8af2-508e3a10c2c1_1500x.png

Last edited:
Hi Barbara, I am in Columbia and work at USC. I will be on the lookout. Where precisely was it stolen from?
Waccamaw Street off Five Points - no street cameras at residence. Columbia Police report filed immediately - I wanted to let USC security know just in case they came across it ditched someplace but could not figure out who to notify because all links are refer to crime incident on campus.

I will be on the lookout. I ride through Five Points each day so there is a chance, though small, that I will see it someday. There are not many ebikes around Columbia yet so it will stick out.

I will be on the lookout. I ride through Five Points each day so there is a chance, though small, that I will see it someday. There are not many ebikes around Columbia yet so it will stick out.
I appreciate that more than I can say ! The Shred is very distinct because of no fenders and huge tires.

I have a feeling that as the popularity of eBikes increases, many of these bikes will be stolen merely for the battery pack. I hope you find get it back! Watch on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. You can set a mileage radius on Facebook Marketplace to watch your entire region.

I have a feeling that as the popularity of eBikes increases, many of these bikes will be stolen merely for the battery pack. I hope you find get it back! Watch on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. You can set a mileage radius on Facebook Marketplace to watch your entire region.
There's no way he left the battery pack on the bike... or did he? @BarbaraSC, how was the bike locked and was the battery on it during the theft? I hope you all find/found it!

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you find it in one piece. Would not be a bad idea to shoot S604 an email with the serial # in case the thief tries to contact them for a charger or other accessory. Just a thought. Good Luck!

Back