Stay away from Racktime Baskets if you want a sturdy basket for a 28mph ebike !!

Your basket gets 5 star ratings from 24 of 28 customers on this German bike shop site. https://www.rosebikes.com/racktime-bask-it-rear-bicycle-basket-555518

The roads in Germany and NYC are completely different !

I left them 1stAr review on Amazon . All of their baskets have very few reviews on amazon.
It seems people are somewhat warry that is not a sturdy basket and it’s too expensive for what it’s worth.

And yes mine went through and daily goes through the ruins of Nyc infrastructure roads. The ebike is bulletproof.

And the people are different too. Different riders there.
Not sure how many were using it in ebikes , but also their ebikes are limited up to 16mph.
I just go where i need to go wether it’s 25 or 30mph.

Last edited:
Yes Steve, the basket came with the adapter.

Allthough it is moving few mm, so not really good. I think all of theor baskets come with that adapter. Interestingly that one has no issues, no broken parts...

And they have another “heavy duty” very small piece of adapter for which they charge 45$ !!

Really 45$ for a piece of hardware ??

Those Amazon prices for Racktime are much too high. It is cheaper to buy from Rosesbike shop online and pay the shipping, especially if you are combining purchases.

Last edited:
MarkF posted: I like the Wald brand.

Thanks to MarkF for posting the link to the Wald 57 Bicycle Basket. I followed up and checked it out and saw it was the perfect size for what I need and the reinforcement braces were the critical selling point, so I ordered one. It has already been delivered and I now have it mounted on my bike.
It's not perfect because the braces don't line up with the mounts on my RADMini rack, but it is not difficult to extend the braces to utilize them. The braces measure 7.25 inches apart, center to center and fortunately line up with the outside framework of the rack and so it has good support. I used some nylon wire ties for now and it is rock solid until I can get a chance to bolt it down properly. Always use nylon ties because they are super strong and will last for years if necessary.
The other thing is that the mesh on my old basket kept small things from falling out, so I'm going to need to cut out some fine mesh that can probably be found in bulk at the Home Depot to line the bottom and edges of this new basket. I included a picture of my old basket that I salvaged off a Razor scooter. I've been transferring it as needed from one bike to another using four bolts and washers to hold it for a couple of years. It did finally succumb to the tip-overs out in the desert (a common phenomenon of the area) and tore the mesh around the back two bolts. But that was easily fixed with the nylon wire ties that have been holding it in place for the past several months. I've been looking for a basket to replace it with and I think the braces on this Wald basket are even strong enough to withstand NYC potholes for a long, long time.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg