ST2 owners always carry these 2 items

Anthony

Ok learned the hard way so I thought I would share.

1. Once in while you might get an error code between rides when you turn on the bike. The cool part is you can just pop the battery out and it will reset. The downside is you need your KEY! Now I keep my key with me all the time.

Update on this problem, I think it was due to me charging the battery wrong. Plug in charger first then connect it to the bike. Read the manual!

2. Keep your phone on you. You will need you phone to use the app. One time I tried to ride off with the bike "locked" well it quickly went into "theft mode". The only way to get it out of "theft mode" is to disable it from the app. Entering your pin at this point won't work.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

I have two sets of keys. My car keys with all the stuff that goes with it and then my bike key chain with battery key, bike lock key, home key and bicycle car rack key. My kids now drive my car more than me so they get my car keys while I can still function with my bike keys.

So glad I read this before our trip...we went to Bend , OR for a few days of biking and golf. Sure enough, I had error messages on mine and yay, brought my key, reset and back on my way! Thanks for the heads up!

Ok learned the hard way so I thought I would share.

1. Once in while you might get an error code between rides when you turn on the bike. The cool part is you can just pop the battery out and it will reset. The downside is you need your KEY! Now I keep my key with me all the time.

Update on this problem, I think it was due to me charging the battery wrong. Plug in charger first then connect it to the bike. Read the manual!

2. Keep your phone on you. You will need you phone to use the app. One time I tried to ride off with the bike "locked" well it quickly went into "theft mode". The only way to get it out of "theft mode" is to disable it from the app. Entering your pin at this point won't work.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

You need to always carry a bandanna to tie the battery door shut when your key gets stuck in open position. I was at a coffee shop and wanted to bring my battery inside to charge. Put key in lock turned key door opened key won't come out.

Attachments

• IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 372
You need to always carry a bandanna to tie the battery door shut when your key gets stuck in open position. I was at a coffee shop and wanted to bring my battery inside to charge. Put key in lock turned key door opened key won't come out.
It is also a good idea to bring along an outlet tester if you are planning to Charge out on the road. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receptacle_tester
File:Receptacle_tester.jpg

It is easy to check if power is on or off.

I have to use a pair of pliers and carefully turn the key, be careful not to bend or break the key.....It works for me except for $7k USD I'd expect at least the key and lock to work.

I always take 3 things, my phone, a photo I.D and a bank card. Phone in case I need to get a ride or take a photo. Photo I.D in case I get hit by a car :eek:. Bank card in case I forget my water and need a drink. @Shea N Encinitas haha I thought about getting a pit bull once, instead I have 2 Siberian Huskies but I do not bring them with me every time, they prefer to pull us on our little razor scooters :)

Back