ST2 and Apple App

GW Shark

I would like to know how the Apple App works with Omni on the St2. I have seen information from people outside of the forum, but those sources always hit me as suspect or have used Android. The Apple app has no reviews on their site. Thank you ST2 Apple users for your perspective. We will assume iPhone most up to date IOS software for comments please in addition to Stromers most up to date software update. Comments with solutions would be great!

The app works for my on my iPhone 5 just fine. I really only use it to disable "theft mode" and play with my custom settings.

The app on the iPhone is pretty basic. If you want to tweak the settings its OK for that. If you want to see where you have been it won't do that - you'll need another app. I also find that it doesn't always know where the bike is - in fact I've seen the map for Switzerland a couple of times (I live in the US). The bike has to be on for the gps to work. I think it should continue to work even if the bike is "off". I don't like the bike flashing while it is on and locked - seems like it draws too much attention which is exactly what you don't want.

You will need the app if the bike automatically locks itself. I think it is the only way to unlock it when that happens. Which is actually quite easy if you move it and forget its locked.

Hopefully Apple will have review capability for all stars as the app works flawlessly in both the iPhone and iPad versions as I now have had the opportunity to use.

Back