Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ 1st Ride Review

I’m guessing it’s too late, but I ordered directly from Specialized’s website for my Vado 4.0 LTD. They shipped it to the lbs and from order to delivery it was 10 days. Late summer seems really far out there. Maybe because you ordered the 5.0 SL and that’s more in-demand?

pure dumb luck on my part!

My LBS has been open for business throughout. Anyone can come in as long as they have a mask on and social distance. What's the problem?

My LBS has been open for business throughout. Anyone can come in as long as they have a mask on and social distance. What's the problem?
Florida has been more lax than other locations. May be that is the difference.
my LBS in California has been open also but that is rare in CA.

Getting a Specialized Vado SL 5.0. The battery, for all practical purposes, is not coming off the bike.(In the down tube). So I will be charging the battery from the bike itself. That means when I am not riding it will reside in my garage (the bike in the living room days are long over) Here I am reading that batteries should come in at night for climate control. I live in South Hot Hot Florida. Garage stays in the 80's most of the time. Am I OK or do I have to ask the Mrs. if the bike can sleep inside the air conditioned house?

Can’t promise it isn’t too hot, but 80’s are ok. It’s the 90’s and above that can be a problem. I’m in Northern Virginia where our temps have been in the 90’s most days all summer. Including today.

It may not be ideal but this winter, where the temps can be in the 30’s most of December through February I’m glad our garage has a heater. (Yeah, I know. Poor me. Seasons!) Cold is harder on the batteries than heat. Especially when the temps are in a human sort of comfortable range.

That’s what mine is. I’ll see how the winter works out.

Actually, I’m more concerned with not riding and using the batteries enough or keeping them at the recommended 60% charge levels.

Most of the battery life recommendations I’ve seen suggest storing batteries at room temperature with a partial charge over the winter. Riding regularly if possible is also a good thing.

How can you order When the Specialized Site shows nothing is In stock ? You just buying sight unseen ?
They (the Vado 4 & 5 SLs) aren't available online but you can search LBS stock on the Specialized site. I live in the KC area and there are a few 4 and 5 SLs here. I was sold on my Vado 5 SL when I took it for a spin on my local bike trail.

Hope you find something close to your home.

They (the Vado 4 & 5 SLs) aren't available online but you can search LBS stock on the Specialized site. I live in the KC area and there are a few 4 and 5 SLs here. I was sold on my Vado 5 SL when I took it for a spin on my local bike trail.

Hope you find something close to your home.
So are you saying Your LBS is getting it from another LBS ?

Tested a friend's Vado SL 4.0, then went to my LBS and he said the earliest I could get a Vado SL was early Sept as long as it was a Vado SL 5.0 EQ. He is getting it from somewhere as in Specialized, the company.

50548417412_cfd640d768_c.jpg

Back