Solved - Fork on Backwards - Aventon Level - Front Tire hits pedals with very little travel. Is this supposed to happen??

loraxmilk

Region
USA
Good morning. I just assembled my Aventon Level (M). After full assembly I noticed that the front tire hits either pedal if they are in the forward horizontal (parallel with the ground position). Is this normal?
It seems like a real safety issue to me.

Below is a video of the phenomena

Good morning. I just assembled my Aventon Level (M). After full assembly I noticed that the front tire hits either pedal if they are in the forward horizontal (parallel with the ground position). Is this normal?
It seems like a real safety issue to me.
Your fork is on backwards.

Welcome to EBR loraxmilk. Don't delete. We are all/each silly enough to do that in some format of our ebike experience. Great to get it out front and center for each of us to look at.

Your post could save someone some time wasted....or far more significant misstep.

Welcome to EBR by the way.

Thanks Merle. So glad this community exists. I was able to post my question and get a reply all while waiting on hold (online chat ) with Aventon Customer support. You guys Rock! Thank you.
If any of you all have sway with Aventon, they really need to up their customer support game.... with that said a local bike shop would never have let me make that mistake. :)

Glad you got it sorted out. This forum is the best customer service. There really is a lot of helpful information here.

enjoy your new ride!

Key West Rick

Attachments

• BD4B9BD8-BA31-4026-B481-6B311E08EBD3.jpeg
    BD4B9BD8-BA31-4026-B481-6B311E08EBD3.jpeg
    595 KB · Views: 173
  • D62CB2D3-BBDF-41EB-A142-F7F943275030.jpeg
    D62CB2D3-BBDF-41EB-A142-F7F943275030.jpeg
    618 KB · Views: 185
Update:

Thank you all. Just had a great first 12 mile ride. It was exhilarating and gave me a real sense of freedom. Next stop a 20 mile commute to work via a trail network.

It's amazing what you can do with one of these things when you put it together right. 🤔😳😂👍

Back