Snowbird here in South Florida from Montreal

Allroads

Last week I pulled the plug on a M2S XT Sport R500 commuter. A tough decision with many models to choose. I'm 6.1 & 65 this year. The larger streamline frame fits me like a glove. Enjoy the large rims, the smooth ride and responsive ride. Added better grips, stem riser, abus lock + I hope an extra batt.
I'm here in Deerfield Beach during the winter months and drive to Montreal in April. Can't wait to take it back home and drive on our varried bike routes. This is the sweetest gift to me, thx m2s!

Welcome! Our roads are still very snow covered and it's COLD! And by tomorrow night we're expecting up to another 25-30cm!!! Stay down in Deerfield Beach as long as you can!

M2S XT (as you say) or XC?

Be safe!

Hey Mtl Biker, I'm here until mid April already enjoying my new wheels. I'm at 110 miles so far thats over 160 kms. Planning to bring it home and drive like crazy on our shitty roads. What are you driving when its warm?

Hey Mtl Biker, I'm here until mid April already enjoying my new wheels. I'm at 110 miles so far thats over 160 kms. Planning to bring it home and drive like crazy on our shitty roads. What are you driving when its warm?
Sounds like you're really enjoying your new bike!

I've got a 2019 Giant Explore E+1 GTS... currently with the motor removed in order to install a device to get me more speed (BikeSpeed RS). I just got my bike in November but still managed to put on about 1000km before winter hit. I use it to commute about 65km round trip from home to work, in order to get/keep in shape and avoid sitting in heavy car traffic. I just wish we had better bike routes from the West Island.

Cheers!

Sounds like you're really enjoying your new bike!

I've got a 2019 Giant Explore E+1 GTS... currently with the motor removed in order to install a device to get me more speed (BikeSpeed RS). I just got my bike in November but still managed to put on about 1000km before winter hit. I use it to commute about 65km round trip from home to work, in order to get/keep in shape and avoid sitting in heavy car traffic. I just wish we had better bike routes from the West Island.

Cheers!

That is one nice ride, I have always admired the Giant line.
I was looking at the mid drive but I decided to wait for the next gen of batteries to help it go further. I will start to look for another battery to extend my ride time. I live in CSL, travel all over the west end so extra batt will help. I just ordered a pair of Schwalbe Super Moto, the all terrain Kenda are noisy and slow. Keep in touch, we should meet up in the spring when I return.

That is one nice ride, I have always admired the Giant line.
I was looking at the mid drive but I decided to wait for the next gen of batteries to help it go further. I will start to look for another battery to extend my ride time. I live in CSL, travel all over the west end so extra batt will help. I just ordered a pair of Schwalbe Super Moto, the all terrain Kenda are noisy and slow. Keep in touch, we should meet up in the spring when I return.
I'm not familiar with your bike... does it have a computer? Or do you just use your phone as a GPS etc? Be aware that if you change to a different tire size, most bike computers would then not show accurate speed/distances anymore. I've been quite happy with the stock tires on my Explore, at least once I switched to tubeless with a sealant inside. But in early spring I will probably change to a new Schwalbe model... I have to look up which it was but I'm tempted to say it is a Marathon e-bike specific tire (new this season). And then I'll probably go back to running tubes again.

I don't have an extra battery (it's real expensive!) but I do have a second charger. I CAN make it to work and back on one charge, depending on how much power assist I use, but then there's almost no reserve. And if I have to run an errand or something during the day, well, the second charger at my office helps a lot. Yes, we'll have to meet up once you get back. My office is a block from the Orange Julep.

Cheers!

Oh, when I said "most bike computers"... I meant ones that cannot be recalibrated for different tire sizes. Like the computer on my Giant Explore. It has often been asked for, but it seems there is just no way to recalibrate for different tires. Unfortunately. So when I replace my tires, I'm going to get as close as possible to the stock size to minimize the inaccuracies.

This M2S Sport R500 I purchased online just a few weeks ago. It's a similar to yours. I've been searching for extra batteries with many options available to us. Heres the link:

This M2S Sport R500 I purchased online just a few weeks ago. It's a similar to yours. I've been searching for extra batteries with many options available to us. Heres the link:
So it looks like yours has no computer. I have a full computer display (RideControl EVO) so I'm more concerned about having accurate speed and distance readings than you'd be. The phone GPS is always the most accurate anyway I think.

Have you figured out yet how far you can go on a charge? Do you think you'll really need a second battery? For my Explore E+1 the battery is about a thousand bucks and that's steep!

I do have a display, so far I can go 50 miles on a charge and possible more but I have yet to go that distance. Other owners have managed to do 75 miles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Bafang+DC10+digital+display&sxsrf=ALeKk02_gJdM0maz5DXD8SZPMClmv2cKBA:1582752786073&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiOzdLMlfDnAhVRh-AKHTalCA8Qsxh6BAgMECw&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25
As to a battery there are many options and prices. I think we can get 48 or 52 v 16ah for 400-600 usd

Today i rode down to the beach about 6 miles, headwind 15 mph and cool 65F. Rode on pas2 and return home base another 12 miles. A cool ride for sure.

Back