Should We Eliminate the Time Change?

Should we eliminate the time change from EST to DST?

• NO, Keep Both EST to DST

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Yes, Stay On DST Year Round

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Yes, Stay On EST Year Round

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

6zfshdb

Region
USA
City
Northeast Pennsylvania
There is currently a bill before the US congress to eliminate this twice per year time change:

The bill proposes we keep DST year round but there are those who think it should be ST.

As bikers and outdoor enthusiasts, my guess is, the majority here will favor DST to allow more after work daylight hours. Opponents disagree since it would make commuters & school children travel more hours in the dark.

What are your thoughts?

EDIT:
I can't correct option 3 in the poll but it should refer to Standard Time (ST), not EST.

Last edited:
Yes, it's just a construct. If it went away we would talk about it for a day and then no one would ever think twice about it.
Or, "When I was your age, they would actually ADD an hour to the work week!";)

DST year round, please! When you say "EST", do you really mean just standard time for whatever time zone the voter lives in?

My vote is purely selfish. Since retiring, I've reverted to teenager hours — up late, sleep late. DST works better with that routine.

I want Daylight Saving Time terminated forever! It's ridiculous going through this twice per year. I prefer staying on Standard Time, because Clock Noon is supposed to be somewhere close to Solar Noon (the point when the sun is highest in the sky). That's why we have time zones. And, the days are longer in the summer anyway. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it :)

I already dropped it as much as I can ... I'm retired and don't have a schedule to hit in the morning anymore. I only remember it if my phone tells me they are doing it again.
Only 1 manual clock (an antique pocket watch) left in the house, I turned off the microwave clock, and don't care what time the stove displays.

I don't have a strong choice between DST and EST. I just want our useless Canadian federal government (yes, I'm talking about you, Justin) to pick one and never change it again.

Should We Eliminate Time ?

Yes! Yes we should!!
Time sucks.
It sucks us into our Grave.

I Say SHUT IT OFF !!
But time's the only thing keeping everything from happening all at once! I'm much more a "one thing at a time" guy these days.

Everything has always ever happened.
It happened before.
It will happen again.
Shall we reinvent the future?
Shall we repeat ourselves?

Shall we worship time before it runs out or becomes too compacted?

Everything has always ever happened.
It happened before.
It will happen again.
Shall we reinvent the future?
Shall we repeat ourselves?

Shall we worship time before it runs out or becomes too compacted?
My wife repeats herself all the time. And when I'm trying to make eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee all at once in the morning, time's already too compacted for my taste.

Hoping you have some practical remedies for these things.

Hoping you have some practical remedies for these things.

I do,..
Wine and weed.

20230313_122520.jpg20230313_122430.jpg

You'll both forget everything ever said.
You'll forget time too.

Time Sucks !!
So does Gravity!!

Plants don't like time changes either.
My female plants will turn into male plants if you mess with the light.

I've just realized you people changed time in most of the U.S. (except Arizona). Before Europe changes to the Summer Time (last Sunday of March), U.S. East Coast is 5, Texas 6, and Arizona 8 hours behind the Central European (Winter) Time. Most confusing!

Just think the EU was ready to get rid of the time change just before the pandemic started... "Now, we have more important issues than that" has been the motto since.

TIME is more a tick of the heart than the clock…really…
still…high noon should be HIGH noon whether you have a plant in your closet or animals in the pasture.
Science says Standard time is best…
I never met a farmer who liked DST, my Uncle always said" the Day is already too long sometimes"( small farmer)

In AZ, twice per year we don’t adjust to daylight savings time and the sun continues to come up each day. No problems.
Except for the Navajo reservation in AZ which does observe DST.

I find Arizona's no DST policy to be more confusing than not in my travels around the southwest. I often fly into Phoenix and drive to Paige AZ. In the summer months, you actually pass through 5 time changes on the trip as you pass through portions of the Navajo reservation! Paige, which is surrounded by the Navajo Nation, doesn't observe DST. It's also very close to the Utah border where DST is observed. Driving around the Paige area, I'm never really sure what time it is.

Adopting a standard, whether it's ST or DST, would eliminate all this confusion.

Last edited:
Back