should I buy for 1200? please help

Hello eveyone, I am new to the forum, and new to e-bikes. A family business her in Chicago is selling their rental fleet of Stromer st1 Elites.....the bike I'm looking at has 1674 miles on the odomoter, some physical scuffing, but seems to ride nice (my limited knowledge)....there is no warranty and he is throwing in an additional battery from another st1 (also used)....the bikes have full city kits, saddle bag, and helmet.....I am getting all this for 1200 dollars, but I'm more concerned about longevity of the bike. sounds like a great deal but for 1500 I could get a new radwagon / radrover with warranty.

Daniel, how do you plan to use your ebike? Strikers and Radwagons are like cheese & chalk, maybe similar in some ways but for very different purposes. If you have a longer distance touring-type use - e.g. Recreational riding or commuting - then comparing this offer with the cost of a new Radwagon isn't a useful benchmark.

Why not borrow the bike being offered for the weekend. Charge up the battery, go on a long ride, and see how what kind of range the battery gives you for the power level you find useful and the terrain you will be riding in (probably flat'ish)? Ride it until e.g. Battery level 2, report back here on how much range that was, and perhaps some of the Stromer owners can help you evaluate the battery.

My guess is that the mileage on the bike won't tell you as much about the battery as how it was maintained, which is likely unknowable. Good luck!

Daniel, how do you plan to use your ebike? Strikers and Radwagons are like cheese & chalk, maybe similar in some ways but for very different purposes. If you have a longer distance touring-type use - e.g. Recreational riding or commuting - then comparing this offer with the cost of a new Radwagon isn't a useful benchmark.

Why not borrow the bike being offered for the weekend. Charge up the battery, go on a long ride, and see how what kind of range the battery gives you for the power level you find useful and the terrain you will be riding in (probably flat'ish)? Ride it until e.g. Battery level 2, report back here on how much range that was, and perhaps some of the Stromer owners can help you evaluate the battery.

My guess is that the mileage on the bike won't tell you as much about the battery as how it was maintained, which is likely unknowable. Good luck!
Thanks for the great info/advice, Jack!...I guess I'm looking for a good ALl around bike that I'd be commuting about 60 miles weekly with. Before I got myself zoned in on getting an ebike, I was under the impression they lasted forever. Lol

Back