Setting Up a Pedego Ridge Rider for 6'1" Male

I'm thinking a stock Pedego Ridge Rider is probably perfect out of the shipping container for someone 5'9" or 5'10". In fact, Court in his video review says he is 5'9", and comments that the Ridge Rider, "Is just about perfect for me."

I satisfactorily rode a Ridge Rider on a 28 mile loop and decided to buy one, but I'm 6'1" and 190 lbs.. So I bought from the Pedego only dealer in Franklin (nashville), TN a few things to set it up just right. The owner, Bob Harris installed a 4" riser at the headset, as well as moving the also optioned BodyFloat's fore/aft adjustment fully back (I also have a BodyFload on my road ebike). Perfect. There's already plenty of range in the seat post to get that right. Also, I added a rack, very light hollow aluminum, but with a 50 lbs. capacity.

I was scheduled to do a 48 mile ride today but scurried back to Franklin when the rain started, so 31 miles. But that was enough to tell me the bike was nicely dialed in for me. For the steering to be as responsive as this bike is and still be rock solid down a big hill at 35 mph is amazing.

Well done Bob and Kem, Pedego Franklin (TN). Well done Pedego.

1: Rack 2: BodyFloat and rack 3. Riser at the headset. Pic 4: On the Nachez Trace today.

IMG_2681.JPG IMG_2679.JPG IMG_2682 copy.jpeg Natchez Trace.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pictures Doug! At first I thought the rack was on crooked but it looks like the picture angle and your bike being parked and kind of leaning is what made me think that. I LOVE the Body Float setup and your shorter higher bar. I do that to my bikes a lot to create a more relaxed ride. Lots of times I'll buy a mountain bike, hardtail like you got, for comfort but use it mostly on road with a commuting setup like you created. Great pictures, bravo!

I also have a bodyfloat on my Ridgrider-what a great product!
I'm 5'8" and feel very comfortable on the bike, but I can see where 5'9" to 5"10" would be optimal.
Along with the bodyfloat I've changed the seat out for another Pedego seat. I found the stock seat to be very uncomfortable. I've also added a rack/bag that attaches to the seat post and a mirror. Adding a mirror may seem like a minor thing, but it is VERY useful when riding in vehicle congested areas.
So far the longest rides I've been on have been 41 and 47 miles. On the 41 mile ride I still have 47% battery life left when I got home, but I did most of the ride in level 1.
I figure with careful riding I could get 75 miles out of a single charge, but if I plan on a ride longer than 50 miles I usually take my carbon road bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 854
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 786
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 787
I'm thinking a stock Pedego Ridge Rider is probably perfect out of the shipping container for someone 5'9" or 5'10". In fact, Court in his video review says he is 5'9", and comments that the Ridge Rider, "Is just about perfect for me."

I satisfactorily rode a Ridge Rider on a 28 mile loop and decided to buy one, but I'm 6'1" and 190 lbs.. So I bought from the Pedego only dealer in Franklin (nashville), TN a few things to set it up just right. The owner, Bob Harris installed a 4" riser at the headset, as well as moving the also optioned BodyFloat's fore/aft adjustment fully back (I also have a BodyFload on my road ebike). Perfect. There's already plenty of range in the seat post to get that right. Also, I added a rack, very light hollow aluminum, but with a 50 lbs. capacity.

I was scheduled to do a 48 mile ride today but scurried back to Franklin when the rain started, so 31 miles. But that was enough to tell me the bike was nicely dialed in for me. For the steering to be as responsive as this bike is and still be rock solid down a big hill at 35 mph is amazing.

Well done Bob and Kem, Pedego Franklin (TN). Well done Pedego.

1: Rack 2: BodyFloat and rack 3. Riser at the headset. Pic 4: On the Nachez Trace today.

View attachment 7263 View attachment 7266 View attachment 7269 View attachment 7619
May I ask is the back rack removable by quick release or bolted in place. Also how much was it and where to buy ? Thanks

May I ask is the back rack removable by quick release or bolted in place. Also how much was it and where to buy ? Thanks

The rack is bolted in to place and nicely reinforced making the rack's limit good up to 50 Kg. (110 lbs.), although on the Ridge Rider around 80 lbs. is about as high as you'd want to go. The rack is made by Axiom, to get this specific model, you would need to contact Pedego Tech Support, they are incredibly helpful, and they will tell you the specific rack they recommend for the ridge rider.

Last edited:
The rack is bolted in to place and nicely reinforced making the rack's limit good up to 50 Kg. (110 lbs.), although on the Ridge Rider around 80 lbs. is about as high as you'd want to go. The rack is made by Axiom, to get this specific model, you would need to contact Pedego Tech Support, they are incredibly helpful, and they will tell you the specific rack they recommend for the ridge rider.
Thank you for you answer

As I mentioned in another post, I took my Ridgerider for a 45 mile ride today, and ended up with 48% left in the battery. These e-bikes have a very good range, if you ride mostly in the lower power ranges (1 and 2). The only time I used level 3 was on a couple of steep hills, and I used level 4 once on a steep trail.

Back