Selle Royale seat clip

Bitmugger

Region
Canada
For the Moscow Plus the Selle Royale seat has some sort of clip system for accessories. I see Selle Royale sell some bags that make use of the clip, but is the clip proprietary to Salle Royale or is it a standard thing that I can find other accessories for? I see some Topeak clip bags but they come with their own clip adapter system.

For the Moscow Plus the Selle Royale seat has some sort of clip system for accessories. I see Selle Royale sell some bags that make use of the clip, but is the clip proprietary to Salle Royale or is it a standard thing that I can find other accessories for? I see some Topeak clip bags but they come with their own clip adapter system.
I ground mine off with a dremel tool to make room for my alam/bell/taillight.

Attachments

• 61nYjJesjrL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61nYjJesjrL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 61ax+vC-PFL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61ax+vC-PFL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 200
I'm honestly considering switching to a different saddle anyway. I usually don't have any complaints on saddles but so far the Selle Royale is a bit too harsh for my bottom.

How's that alarm work? I've seen them on Amazon but was unsure if they'd be any good
It is loud and pretty sensitive, but on a bike like this unlikely to be set off by wind... big trucks rumbling by, well that's different. I replaced the quick release seat post clamp with a bolt-on (I could imagine someone just removing the seat and throwing it in the bushes lol). Of course it's only a deterrent- if someone really wants your bike this may make them think twice, but it won't stop 'em.

I've got 5400 KM on mine and it's getting way too firm. I wonder if there's a way to replace the seat and padding and keep the frame and rails. Seems a shame to toss the whole seat into the dumpster. I live in Italy and the Selle Royal seats are around fifty bucks give or take.

I've tried and my girlfriend tried numerous seat covers and gel covers in the past years to improve bike seats and we felt they all were a waste of money. Slid around too much or weren't effective. We ended up just buying new seats and I've given up even trying those options. Just my opinion, I know some people do swear by padded seat covers.

Replacing the actual padding and cover might be doable but you'd have to tackle it yourself, as soon as you went to a place that say re-covers ATV, boat or motorcycle seats, you are going to exceed the cost of a Salle Royale I think. And bike seats aren't really made to have coverings replaced so hard to say how doable it is, but if you have any skills in that area I'd love to hear how it goes.

Back