Security system

Daneflyer

Hello all,
I just got my ST1X last week and I had a chance to try out the security system but it didn’t work like I thought I would. I had it locked and then pushed the bike around in the garage just going in circles essentially. The wheel didn’t really lock up and the lights did not flash and I didn’t get a text or email notification. Does the bike need to be moved further away from its initial location before all the above actions occur?

I just got my ST2 and did the same, and what I did notice is that the rear wheel would “pulse” lock. So it would roll for a bit, and then lock up, and then roll and then lock up. But I didn’t get flashing lights nor text. Let us know what you find out

I just got my ST2 and did the same, and what I did notice is that the rear wheel would “pulse” lock. So it would roll for a bit, and then lock up, and then roll and then lock up. But I didn’t get flashing lights nor text. Let us know what you find out
Yep, mine did the same pulse lock thing. I thought I read somewhere during my research for a bike that it has to be moved about 50 feet before it acts. Was hoping somebody has tried it.

I've had my st2 "stolen" twice over the four years I've owned it. Always find it quickly, and relish the thought of the thief attracting a lot of attention on a busy Chicago street. I can't remember what triggers it, but I do know that it works well.

@Neal olson Was your bike locked when stolen? I am in Chicago too and it’s my biggest fear. Lost one bike to theft when I was new to the city because I locked it up with a cable lock. Much smarter now and heavier Locks, but was curious

While I do have a secure place to store it at home and work, but all my other trips around town, I just use the electronic lock. Most of my trips involve running errands after work and on weekends (this is when the bike got taken both times), but I'll go downtown for the afternoon sometimes, and haven't had a problem there. It really makes the bike a lot more convenient to use without having to carry around the lock/lock it up.

Oh well that’s even more confidence inspiring! I was worried they had hacked through u locks and disc brake locks to get to your baby. Going on a ride today to bounce around the micro breweries in Chicago with buddies, and will be locking it up. Was curious if I needed my super heavy duty lock or just the heavy duty.

Were Chicago PD helpful in finding your bike or did you do it yourself?

No, the thief always just left it after a half block, found it quickly with the app. I used to lock it up for the first six months, but have enough confidence in the e-lock that I havent locked it for several years. Never saw the offenders, so never got the police involved.

have enough confidence in the e-lock that I havent locked it for several years.

All "free-floating" ST2 fleets in Switzerland are without mechanical lock. They are theft-proof, but unfortunately vandalism occurs from time to time (maybe from failed thieves).

Believe me the security system works my bike was stolen several weeks ago and had it back in a few hours. Once Stromer puts your bike in theft mode the bike is a brick and they just dump it.

Back