Seat post suspension

A good shop can reduce the length of the seat tube. I've done my own, if you're nervous find a custom shop, wouldn't cost much. Wouldn't damage the bike either.
That could be a good idea to reduce the length of the seat tube, as I said the Suntour does the job really well. Now I can forget the old cobblestones of Paris. I think the Suntour NCX and the springs of the B67 Brooks saddle are a perfect combination. Brooks saddle are not soft saddle. You have to understand that soft saddle are not good. They seem to be more comfortable but that's a false idea. Brooks saddle are made of hard leather. At the beginning you'll think it's uncomfortable. The more you ride your bike the more your Brooks saddle will be comfortable. At the end each Brooks saddle is unique. You make it unique. (I don't work for Brooks;)).

Last edited:
Well I bit the bullet and bought the new size post just released 30.9 from body float. Can't wait to try it. Got a great Deal

Last edited:
I have a new Brooks Cambium saddle on my Ridgerider, along with a body Float. I love the body Float, but I'm not all that happy with the Brooks saddle. I find it very hard. I have the more streamline Cambium on one of my road bikes and I find it very hard too. They're both fairly new, so I hope they become more comfortable over time.
Pedego really needs to offer the Ridgerider with multiple frame sizes. One size doesn't fit all.

I have a new Brooks Cambium saddle on my Ridgerider, along with a body Float. I love the body Float, but I'm not all that happy with the Brooks saddle. I find it very hard. I have the more streamline Cambium on one of my road bikes and I find it very hard too. They're both fairly new, so I hope they become more comfortable over time.
Pedego really needs to offer the Ridgerider with multiple frame sizes. One size doesn't fit all.
I'm not sure it can become more comfortable. The traditional leather Brooks saddle become more and more comfortable with time because it takes the shape of your bottom.

Last edited:
Well I bit the bullet and bought the new size post just released 30.9 from body float. Can't wait to try it. Got a great deal too under 260.00 Canadian
I just bought a new Stromer St1 T I like the reviews on the body float. I live in Canada, where did you purchase yours for 260.00 Please Ty

Yes! My wife is 5'1" and has strongly expressed this to corporate. We're a dealer. There are so many projects in the works. Don't know when, or if, this will happen.

I hate to revive a dead post but I also hate starting another when this one already exists, so...

I am 250 lbs and own a Pedego Interceptor Platinum. The post that comes with isn't quite up to the task of my weight. I bottom it out and it just sits there, providing no suspension. I am also "shorter of leg" so I keep my seat low. Only a couple inches of post showing. This combo concerns me as I do not know what suspension post will provide the comfort I desire, while also accepting my weight and not adding the height I am concerned about. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be mighty appreciative!

I hate to revive a dead post but I also hate starting another when this one already exists, so...

I am 250 lbs and own a Pedego Interceptor Platinum. The post that comes with isn't quite up to the task of my weight. I bottom it out and it just sits there, providing no suspension. I am also "shorter of leg" so I keep my seat low. Only a couple inches of post showing. This combo concerns me as I do not know what suspension post will provide the comfort I desire, while also accepting my weight and not adding the height I am concerned about. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be mighty appreciative!
The Suntour NCX does the job, according to your weight, you'll have to order the strongest spare spring.

FYI, the firmness of the stock Pedego suspension post can be adjusted. See the bottom of the post. Screw in to make firmer. Not sure whether it’ll be enough for you.

I checked my wife’s BodyFloat vs the stock suspension post, and it looks like the BodyFloat is just under an inch higher. It moves the seat back a little more than stock, and she likes hers as far back as it’ll go (position is adjustable), so her issue is the seat clearing the battery sleeve. If you don’t need it back as far, I’d guess it’ll work for you.

I think the Thudbuster and NCX both have higher minimum heights than the BodyFloat, but I’m not 100% sure.

FYI, the firmness of the stock Pedego suspension post can be adjusted. See the bottom of the post. Screw in to make firmer. Not sure whether it’ll be enough for you.

I checked my wife’s BodyFloat vs the stock suspension post, and it looks like the BodyFloat is just under an inch higher. It moves the seat back a little more than stock, and she likes hers as far back as it’ll go (position is adjustable), so her issue is the seat clearing the battery sleeve. If you don’t need it back as far, I’d guess it’ll work for you.

I think the Thudbuster and NCX both have higher minimum heights than the BodyFloat, but I’m not 100% sure.

You are just the best! I recall seeing that bolt and wondering if it were adjustable but forgot about it until you posted this. I will give it a shot ASAP when I get home tonight and advise (in case anyone else has this issue years from now and finds this).

The added height of these suspension seats is one big reason I have not grabbed one yet. If we are only talking one extra inch though, I may buy one and give it a shot (if the bolt doesn't do the trick). I think I have about 3 inches now from the top of the seat tube to the bottom of the seat frame and I wanna say there is about an inch of post showing, so that may just work out perfectly. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to post this, I am very appreciative!!!

I've been receiving marketing emails from the Body Float folks (guess they go by Kinekt now) that a new release (model 2.1) is imminent. I think the 2.0 models are discounted pending arrival of 2.1. Here is the text of their latest email:

Our 2.1 Aluminum and 3.1 Carbon Fiber seatposts should be hitting shelves within the next several weeks. With that, you'll see a few changes and improvements. For starters, hopefully you’re starting to recognize the transition from BodyFloat to KINEKT. The new 2.1 and 3.1 seatposts will reflect our new branding. You'll also start to see the new branding roll out with updated packaging and other collateral.
What's New? ... A sleeker link design, seat clamp assembly with spring to make saddle swaps a breeze, 12mm offset for more fore-aft positioning options

I'll probably wait for this release before I pick something for the Tern GSD (expecting in April). I'll need something for the wife who I outweigh by about 60 pounds. So a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can weigh in on: 1). Is there a better maybe less-technical seat post suspension option for a petite female? I noticed Brooks has some saddles with springs - do these work? Just thinking that the BF might be overkill for her if she doesn't ride nearly as much as I do. 2). Does anyone know of a security quick release seat post clamp? I envision something that is still QR but which maybe takes a key (I guess it would be that quick). Yes, I could switch it for a security hex clamp but if there was a key solution I could only lock it when parking outside and would have it truly QR most of the time. Or secondarily, something like a "saddle leash" that is locked at one end on the bike frame and maybe stores on the bike frame when not in use? Yes, I can carry a cable to loop through the saddle rails and attach to my lock but I was wondering if there was a ready-made product that stores on the bike. For my commuters currently, I carry two cables in my backpack or pannier. One for securing the front wheel and one for the saddle rails. Would be nice if there was something ready-made to store away on the bike frame.

Definitely, Body Float or Cane Creek Thudbuster then if funds are an issue the Suntour. If touring the Suntour is OK but for more than that you want to go with the first 2 options.

Hi @Dominique Séguier ; is your photo showing a B67? I'm considering one of those...
How would you say the sprung saddle you have contributes (in terms of adding comfort/suspension) all by itself (without a suspension post added to the equation)?
IMG_9154a.jpg

Back