Schwalbe Marathon Plus a lot worse than stock Kenda tires!

Hi all. I keep reading that changing the rear inner tube is a pain on the CCS/CCX. Just do what I’ve done and use a gaadi tube. No need to take the wheel off with this

https://gaadi.de/?lang=en
What is the longevity of those Gaadi tubes? Are they as robust as the stock inner tubes? Can they be used full time or are they only meant for temporary use?

What is the longevity of those Gaadi tubes? Are they as robust as the stock inner tubes? Can they be used full time or are they only meant for temporary use?
Can be used as a full replacement, not just a temporary measure. I’ve had one on the rear for 500 miles and all good.

I’m based in the UK, so if no where in the US or Canada sells them then I can always send some over if people would like to try them

Can be used as a full replacement, not just a temporary measure. I’ve had one on the rear for 500 miles and all good.

I’m based in the UK, so if no where in the US or Canada sells them then I can always send some over if people would like to try them
Thank you for the quick reply!

I feel the best all rounder for me is the Smart Sam. I value a tire that gives you at least a 4 off- road grip to climb steep gravel paths without slipping and maximum puncture resistance. I prefer a 4 or more on rolling resistance but that is not a deal breaker for me since I have multiple batteries. No one in my family has ever had a flat with a smart sam or a sam plus and we have them on 3 bikes including as back tires on both Ebikes. We have had 2 slow leak flats on our Magic Marys but those are so sure footed I am sticking with them anyway, and have added these new Tannus Armour liners to help with the flatproofing.View attachment 36457

The Smart Sam is a great off-road tire and now comes in two different versions.

1565883401634.png

I run the Big Ben... seems to have the right combination for road and gravel riding.

1565883515852.png

I may have to try the Tannus Armor tire liners for additional flat protection.

The Smart Sam is a great off-road tire and now comes in two different versions.

View attachment 36602

I run the Big Ben... seems to have the right combination for road and gravel riding.

View attachment 36603

I may have to try the Tannus Armor tire liners for additional flat protection.
Cool! Tire choice is personal and It depends on where you live and the way you ride for sure. I really wanted to love the stock Super Moto-X as they have good rolling resistance , but they left me with no confidence on hilly gravel trails especially when I found myself forced to approach an obstacle at a slight angle.

Back