Schwalbe Almotion vs. Energizer

ROJA

Probably the 1.75" (700x47) Energizer vs. the 2.0" (700x50) Almotion. This is for a 45 kph pedelec (Specialized Turbo X - stock tire width is 47 / 1.75). I would likely use tubes either way.

Anyone have experience with both and any view? Most seem to love the Energizer but a few have said that wet traction is poor or even dangerous.

Anyone have experience with both and any view? Most seem to love the Energizer but a few have said that wet traction is poor or even dangerous.

No experience with both. As far as a few saying Energizers have poor wet weather traction, I think you could find a few people to say that about virtually any tire. What are the circumstances of the poor or dangerous traction? A fresh light rain will make roads oil slick. Cornering is more treacherous in almost any wet conditions. You can't ride the same speeds as dry conditions and expect the same traction either...it's just common sense. What tire pressure is used matters too.

Of the two, I would guess the Almotion would be better, only because the contact patch will be slightly bigger.

As long as we are talking about Ebike specific tires, does anyone have experience with Continental. They seem very similar to Schwalbe at around half the price. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) ; (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Those Conti Contact Plus tires do look good, on paper anyway. It'd be nice to know if anyone has had experience with them, like you said.

I have the 28x2.0 Almotions on my Cross Current. Great tires, no flats in ~6k miles and the rolling resistance and ride quality at ~30psi is really good. They run a bit narrow on my Cross Current rims (closer to 45 than the advertised 50mm.) If I ever wear them out I’d probably get the 2.15” version. I wasn’t sure how tight the fit would be originally so I erred on the smaller side.

I believe the user @youth had one Energizer tire on his Cross Current at one point.

I have the 28x2.0 Almotions on my Cross Current. Great tires, no flats in ~6k miles and the rolling resistance and ride quality at ~30psi is really good. They run a bit narrow on my Cross Current rims (closer to 45 than the advertised 50mm.) If I ever wear them out I’d probably get the 2.15” version. I wasn’t sure how tight the fit would be originally so I erred on the smaller side.

I believe the user @youth had one Energizer tire on his Cross Current at one point.

Thanks for the report! Do you run them tubeless?

Also OP, you should consider the Schwalbe Supremes. Looks like they have a little less rolling resistance and less off road capability.

Back