Satori Animaris 4 bar linkage suspension seat post....how do you preset the spring?

Just bought for my commuter ebike. Has an adjustment mechanism. Package had no instructions....Amazon....,
Google, U tube has nothing I can see about adjustment. Am using default setting. Will be riding only on pavement type surfaces.
6.3 inches, 225 lbs.. any suggestion, or just leave at default spring setting. Cheers.

The default setting could be pretty random,loosen the adjustment screw for a softer ride,tighten for a stiffer ride

Just bought for my commuter ebike. Has an adjustment mechanism. Package had no instructions....Amazon....,
Google, U tube has nothing I can see about adjustment. Am using default setting. Will be riding only on pavement type surfaces.
6.3 inches, 225 lbs.. any suggestion, or just leave at default spring setting. Cheers.

The Satori Animaris is one of the best keep secrets in suspension seat posts for $59.
Very high quality and fully adjustable... just have a friend help you dial in the preset.

Use a hex wrench to tighten the threaded bolt to the right until there is no deflection when seated... then turn back (left) 1/4 turn.
Hope this helps ;)

1576555338257.png

Thanks.....what do you mean no deflection.....even with bottom of the barrel? I would like the softest ride possible. My impression is that when you stiffen the ride it means you are going over some big bumps and the less travel the better. Is that correct or do I have it backwards?

Thanks.....what do you mean no deflection.....even with bottom of the barrel? I would like the softest ride possible. My impression is that when you stiffen the ride it means you are going over some big bumps and the less travel the better. Is that correct or do I have it backwards?

I think what he means is tighten it to the point that it compresses little when you sit on it.

Be careful about "softness", after all what you want is good shock absorption without bounce when going over bumps. You also want it to be stiff otherwise(On flats without any bumps, cracks etc. is should feel like a normal seatpost), especially when you are pedaling. Don't expect to feel like you are sitting on a pillow that is not what suspension does.

When I first received it I also un-tightened it until it was somewhat soft but then realized that the stiffer setting is better in terms of riding comfort+ efficiency.

I completely agree that independent of the price this suspension is one of the best around. For $59 it is by far the best value around.

Thanks Johnny, now I understand why he said you needed someone else....to see how far down the the post compressed when say upon. Thanks for info. Cheers Rick

I have one and it works well and seems to be quite sturdy. Not sure for the price there is any competition, plus prime it arrives in a day or so. I adjusted mine the same way, tighten until there is not much deflection then back off to preference. I will probably try a suntour later this month and see if there is any difference.

Back