RX 3rd Party Batteries?

Roy814

Region
USA
As the weather finally starts to warm where I am, I am venturing on longer rides and thinking of road trips to even better biking. Like many of you, this leads me, inevitably, to range anxiety/frustration. A replacement primary or secondary battery for my 52v Rize RX (2022) runs about $600.00 US. Anybody know if there are any 3rd party options out there for less? I’d really like to have the ability to comfortably venture beyond the 30-45 miles I can go with just the one battery I have now.

There is always 3rd parties for battery packs, but will you trust them? I don't. Cheap battery packs from China have a horrible reputation. Short life, low quality battery cells, and cheap BMS. I have 6 years on my Bosch battery packs, so think of it costing just $100 a year for your battery. And finally, you won't have the constant worry about the cheap battery pack on the charger. You absolutely get what you pay for. When I have to buy new Bosch battery packs, I'll dream about $600 battery packs when I go to pay for it.

We have a member here on EBR that seems very knowledgeable with a solid reputation. @Jenny Mao

If I were looking 3rd party, a note to her would likely be where I would start.

We have a member here on EBR that seems very knowledgeable with a solid reputation. @Jenny Mao

If I were looking 3rd party, a note to her would likely be where I would start.
Factory closed. we’re waiting for word they are released. So far Shanghai residents can only shop for food. 2 hours per day. Latest news isn’t good. Jenny or perhaps I (orders pending) will post when open again, but expect delays while factories play catch up.

Best alternative may be EM3ev. If they are shipping. They appear to be. But they are limited in case styles.

Thank you @AHicks for recommending us always. As @tomjasz mentioned, the lockdown hasn't been lifted yet, but things are getting much better now.

The secondary battery shall be Reention Polly DP-2170-5,368x95x125mm, max available for 52V 15Ah by Samsung 21700 cells as Rize offers.
DP-9, 368x90x141mm, 52V 21Ah by Samsung 35E 18650 cells is an upgrade option with compatible base plate.

Unfortunately we haven't confirmed what is exact connector model of the discharging port on the secondary battery.

1652197362933.png

Thank you @AHicks for recommending us always. As @tomjasz mentioned, the lockdown hasn't been lifted yet, but things are getting much better now.

The secondary battery shall be Reention Polly DP-2170-5,368x95x125mm, max available for 52V 15Ah by Samsung 21700 cells as Rize offers.
DP-9, 368x90x141mm, 52V 21Ah by Samsung 35E 18650 cells is an upgrade option with compatible base plate.

Unfortunately we haven't confirmed what is exact connector model of the discharging port on the secondary battery.

View attachment 122948
Can you please provide more information on that 52V 21Ah battery. I'd like to get one

Back