RX 20 Enduro Hardtail---Yeah!

Congrats! Have you ever ridden a hub drive motor and offer a comparison of what it feels like climbing with each system?

I have not used a hub drive bike for mountain biking.---I cannot imagine that with all the weight in the rear end of a hub drive that the off-road performance would be acceptable.---Possibly it would work ok for logging roads etc, however for more extreme technical single track work, the better center of gravity offered with the new Mid-Drive format comes close to duplicating the normal Mt. bike offerings.---I think that the chances of the front end coming off the ground with a REAR hub drive at extreme uphill angles would create problems ---IMHO

Just picked up my NEW Haibike 29er Hardtail and did a 22 mile ride around town and the foothills around Fort Collins Colorado.---AMAZING!----I still had 80 % of battery available---can't wait to get on some single track

Bill
Thats awesome. I have been getting familar with the new bikes here at the shop and I agree the range is outstanding and the climbing ability is the best out there. These Haibikes are going to turn me into an avid mountain bike rider. I can't get enough :)

I have not used a hub drive bike for mountain biking.---I cannot imagine that with all the weight in the rear end of a hub drive that the off-road performance would be acceptable.---Possibly it would work ok for logging roads etc, however for more extreme technical single track work, the better center of gravity offered with the new Mid-Drive format comes close to duplicating the normal Mt. bike offerings.---I think that the chances of the front end coming off the ground with a REAR hub drive at extreme uphill angles would create problems ---IMHO

I've yet to find it a problem and have both modes of motor.

Dude!!!---I live in Durango, Colorado which is 7 hours from FoCo.---If you are down this way, give me a shout, as we have some of the BEST Singletrack in the State.

Regards,
Bill

Back