RipCurrent vs. RipCurrent S

Lenny7118

Hello, Can someone elaborate on the difference between the RipCurrent and the RipCurrent S besides the one has the fenders, rack and larger amp battery. Is there mechanically different or is it just the battery size ?
Thanks

Besides the items you listed it does look like there are different handlebars as well.

I own a current gen Rip Current S. It looks to need a larger seat post clamp than the first irritation of the Rip Current. I wonder if there is a slight frame difference.

I confirmed that gen1 RCS's have a smaller seatpost diameter:
the seat post size for the first-gen RCS is 27.2x320

Also 1st gen RCS was a mix of 48v up to 19.2ah and a giant 21am 52V that doesn't seem to be available any more.

So I suspect the current gen RC and RCS have a different controller and different software in the computer.

Does the current RCS also include that bad-ass horn/alarm?

I wish I could send my 19.2ah 48V to be converted to 52V while the pack is only a year old. Oh well.

Over 2,400miles and still loving my RCS.

I wish I could send my 19.2ah 48V to be converted to 52V while the pack is only a year old. Oh well.
All you need is the 52 V battery. If the new RCS has the same new controller as the CCX, then you wouldn't have that, but the big jump IMO is going from 48 to 52 V. Noticeable change in performance. And your 1st gen RCS will handle the 52 V just fine.

From what I've seen, it's not that hard to swap out a controller either, if you wanted the full upgrade.

Back