Ripcurrent S 750 vs hyper scrambler 1100

I'm torn between these two. I can't figure out which one I should get?

I guess it depends on how and where you'll be riding , since the Ripcurrent 750 is a fat tire e-bike and the Scrambler
is an electric scooter not an e-Bike.

According to the Juiced Website the Ripcurrent is sold out.

Last edited:
The HF1100 has issues with the Mac motor being kind of a pain to deal with due to cogging/stuttering behavior that also causes the speedo to be inaccurate and therefore the odometer and average/max speed stats, the controller is put in the downtube next to the battery and has woefully insufficient cooling for the power it's trying to pump out. Stock tires are slicks which I recommend replacing unless you are going to be riding on perfectly dry asphalt all the time. Stock brakes are the Star Union 150PYD which has a cast caliper, you probably want to replace those and maybe the rotor as well once it wears out/warps. In general with Juiced mechanical (the bike part) quality is pretty hit or miss.

I think if the HF1100 had a properly functional controller with thermal management and more attention to detail like half-decent brakes (Tektro Dorado?) it would've been interesting. Frankly, I don't even think there's value to the fat tires, 27.5+ or 29+ is probably the right optimization point rather than 26x4 which has really poor tire selection.

Rip Current S is on sale at $1999 right now, which is $1500 cheaper than Hyper Scrambler.

To me, it's a no brainer, Rip Current S is better bang for your buck.

$1999 as long as you want the smaller size in red - all others are the regular $2,500

The HF1100 has issues with the Mac motor being kind of a pain to deal with due to cogging/stuttering behavior that also causes the speedo to be inaccurate and therefore the odometer and average/max speed stats, the controller is put in the downtube next to the battery and has woefully insufficient cooling for the power it's trying to pump out. Stock tires are slicks which I recommend replacing unless you are going to be riding on perfectly dry asphalt all the time. Stock brakes are the Star Union 150PYD which has a cast caliper, you probably want to replace those and maybe the rotor as well once it wears out/warps. In general with Juiced mechanical (the bike part) quality is pretty hit or miss.

I think if the HF1100 had a properly functional controller with thermal management and more attention to detail like half-decent brakes (Tektro Dorado?) it would've been interesting. Frankly, I don't even think there's value to the fat tires, 27.5+ or 29+ is probably the right optimization point rather than 26x4 which has really poor tire selection.
Thanks for the explanation ?

Perfect explanation and I can confirm as a HF1000 owner who also has a friend with a HF1100. We both changed out our stock controllers. Juiced Bike does a good job with the Bafang motors, but the MAC motor and stock Juiced controller the put in the HF1000, HF1100, and HyperScrambler all have the same issues.

Perfect explanation and I can confirm as a HF1000 owner who also has a friend with a HF1100. We both changed out our stock controllers. Juiced Bike does a good job with the Bafang motors, but the MAC motor and stock Juiced controller the put in the HF1000, HF1100, and HyperScrambler all have the same issues.

What stock controller did you change it too? It's own or after market?

Good luck, I highly suggest doing a check to make sure the frame is straight and true as soon as you get it, everything else can be easily fixed with some money and time but a bent alu frame is realistically not fixable.

Good luck, I highly suggest doing a check to make sure the frame is straight and true as soon as you get it, everything else can be easily fixed with some money and time but a bent alu frame is realistically not fixable.
Are you saying I should get the rip current s ? Hmm why are you doing this to me ??

This can happen with the ripcurrent too. In general you need to do extensive QC with these bikes.

What is the short list of major or potentially expensive items to check on a new Juiced bike?

Obviously the frame fits this description, so where do the issues tend to show, and what's the easiest way to check for a straight / true frame on these bikes?

A brief checklist of what to look for and how to check them would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Is that combo plug and play on the RipCurrent S 52v also?
I wish it was. The new controller required a full rewiring of the bike. You’ll need to know how to make JST connectors, solder, and have various crimping tools. It's 6-8 hour job if you know what you're up against.

I wish it was. The new controller required a full rewiring of the bike. You’ll need to know how to make JST connectors, solder, and have various crimping tools. It's 6-8 hour job if you know what you're up against.

I have the ability to do all that, but not sure I want to - 6-8 hrs is a lot of time. I would say that the Bolton eBikes people who make the controller / display upgrade for the Rad Rover have said to me awhile back via email that they are working on one for the Juiced RC / RCS, and it may be available around July. AFAIK that one should be plug and play (assume so anyway).

Back